I can't decide...

Angel

~*~*~
You don't read very well.

What part didn't I understand? She said she got them as part of a package deal, but she doesn't like the color or the frosted glass. I just suggested selling the damn things and using the money from the sale to buy new ones. I don't understand what you think I missed?

Angel

~*~*~
I don't know how much work the glass will take. It's got frosted parts and I don't know if that's easily removed or not. I like the style a lot, the cherry stain is what I'm not crazy about and I actually like doing stuff like this.
I'm not sure about the glass either. I tried googling it real quick, but didn't have much luck finding an answer for you. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I don't know how much work the glass will take. It's got frosted parts and I don't know if that's easily removed or not. I like the style a lot, the cherry stain is what I'm not crazy about and I actually like doing stuff like this.
I think you can scrape the frosted glass off with a razor blade. You could always just contact a glass place to find out how much replacement inserts would cost.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Maybe you could paint the underside of the glass. I saw it done on one of the HGTV shows. Looked pretty good.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Maybe you could paint the underside of the glass. I saw it done on one of the HGTV shows. Looked pretty good.

I was thinking about that if it couldn't be removed. Painting it the same color as the wood. Just the frosted part. It's squares so it's not some atrocious busy design or anything. I guess if it won't scrape off then I really won't have anything to lose. :yay:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Congratulations. The price I paid for the entire package was well within what I was willing to pay for just the couch and loveseat so to me it wasn't a big deal. Opposed to totally not using them I've decided to make them functional.

No need to be b*tchy. Its not like you care what I say; we don't even know each other. I was just stating my opinion.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No need to be b*tchy. Its not like you care what I say; we don't even know each other. I was just stating my opinion.
Just a guess, but it probably had something to do with the snide little remark you made about not buying something you don't like, even at the right price. My guess is she liked the sofa, chairs, etc; but not the tables that came with the package. Try thinking outside the box.

Oh, wait...that wasn't you, was it. Sorry. Someone went back and deleted the posts. I tried to find them to quote, but they were gone.

Yep, I was right the first time. It was you.

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Just a guess, but it probably had something to do with the snide little remark you made about not buying something you don't like, even at the right price. My guess is she liked the sofa, chairs, etc; but not the tables that came with the package. Try thinking outside the box.

Exactly! My original post was to gather opinions on color and methods to get the frosting off the glass not whether or not someone else would have bought it. I like the style a lot.

I'm glad I asked about the color because my first thought was black but then I was told if I had my way 90% of the furniture would be black so I drew for outside opinions. The vast majority says brown so that's what I'll go with. Granted it'll be dark brown but it won't be black.

belvak

Happy Camper
Exactly! My original post was to gather opinions on color and methods to get the frosting off the glass not whether or not someone else would have bought it. I like the style a lot.

I'm glad I asked about the color because my first thought was black but then I was told if I had my way 90% of the furniture would be black so I drew for outside opinions. The vast majority says brown so that's what I'll go with. Granted it'll be dark brown but it won't be black.

:howdy: Post some pics when you're done so we can see how they turned out!!

Agee

Is the wood stained and covered with some type of Urethane or do they have a laquer finish?