I can't figure out why people like Hillary

B

Bruzilla

What hardships did Hillary Clinton ever have to overcome? She grew up in a very well-to-do family, attended private schools, went to law school, became a lawyer, first lady of a state and first lasy of the USA. What were all of these hardships that Dems refers to?

Speaking of being a lawyer, that's about all of the qualifications for Senate that most other senators have.

Also Dems, Hillary's vote totals do not constitute a "Landslide." You Democrats are always talking "Landslide" anytime that your guy or gal wins by even a few votes. If you want to know what a landslide is ask Walter Mondale. He's still digging out from when he ran against Reagan.:biggrin:

I think people like Hillary because she is a symbol. She's a strong, assertive, woman who has risen to a position of high power. It matters not that she's done a lot of corrupt stuff, or that she stayed in a bad marriage because she like being first lady more than having a loyal husband, etc. She was elected because she represented the very liberal views of the man who's seat she took, Sen. Pat "I've Never Met a Social Spending Plan I Didn't Like" Monohan, and because of her celebrity status.

But before you start breaking out your "Hillary 2008" banners Dems I would suggest that you remember that she's got to get past 2006 first. If she loses her senate seat she's toast politically. And all Hillary has done since her election is devote all of her time to strengthening her position politically... and little to improve the lives of New Yorkers. If she stays on that path her celebrity status isn't going to save her.

demsformd

Originally posted by Bruzilla
What hardships did Hillary Clinton ever have to overcome? She grew up in a very well-to-do family, attended private schools, went to law school, became a lawyer, first lady of a state and first lasy of the USA. What were all of these hardships that Dems refers to?

Speaking of being a lawyer, that's about all of the qualifications for Senate that most other senators have.

Also Dems, Hillary's vote totals do not constitute a "Landslide." You Democrats are always talking "Landslide" anytime that your guy or gal wins by even a few votes. If you want to know what a landslide is ask Walter Mondale. He's still digging out from when he ran against Reagan.:biggrin:

I think people like Hillary because she is a symbol. She's a strong, assertive, woman who has risen to a position of high power. It matters not that she's done a lot of corrupt stuff, or that she stayed in a bad marriage because she like being first lady more than having a loyal husband, etc. She was elected because she represented the very liberal views of the man who's seat she took, Sen. Pat "I've Never Met a Social Spending Plan I Didn't Like" Monohan, and because of her celebrity status.

But before you start breaking out your "Hillary 2008" banners Dems I would suggest that you remember that she's got to get past 2006 first. If she loses her senate seat she's toast politically. And all Hillary has done since her election is devote all of her time to strengthening her position politically... and little to improve the lives of New Yorkers. If she stays on that path her celebrity status isn't going to save her.

Ok, Bru...I see where you are coming from. Defeating a candidate by 12% of the vote is definitely not a landslide. I think that Regan beat Mondale by about 17 points. I guess that those five points make a big difference. You then say that whenever Democrats win they refer to it as a landslide. Well, Republicans are just as apt to do that as well. Take a look at Bob Ehrlich...a victor by about 50,000 votes and he thinks that all parts of his message should be carried out because he carried the mandate of the people. Yes, he did get the office but that is more because the Democratic campaign and candidate were just incompetent. I can think of no better an example of understanding the divison of the nation then the example of John Kennedy. After winning by a tenth of a percentage point in the popular vote, Kennedy moderated many points of his program. He appointed two Republicans to the top three Cabinet positions and he truly behaved as the President of the entire nation. Oh, yeah and no matter how much Republicans want to make it that he and Truman and even Roosvelt were Democrats, Kennedy was a Democrat just as those other three fine presidents.

demsformd

Hilary had to overcome the perception of American voters that the wives of politicians had no true political beliefs of their own and that they were merely the picture girls on the campaign. Many conservatives attacked her for being a feminist liberal and even hinted that she was a lesbian. Every single move that she made was under a fine microscope...all of that scandal was etched on her name yet she won in a LANDSLIDE in her Senate race and in polls for the Democratic nomination, she is winning easily. Now that is overcoming adversity.

Hessian

Back on subject....

The message must must must get out there and stay out there:
Hillary despises the Military, CIA and Secret Service.

It is truly admirable that only a hint of stories have come out about her coldness, bitterness and ascerbic tongue. I know of a least two occassions where she responded with a F*** You to a secret service man who held a door for her. His offense? He wished her a good morning.

They have kept quiet on dozens of tales of thrown lamps, cussed blue streaks,
and crudeness.

Now, lets consider some of her law skills....
I have read that she helped defend some repetative offenders and even helped out with the numerous pardons issued. Her wacky ideas on Federal Health care were ridiculous.
She knew nothing of NY when she ran and has avoided the north country like a plague because they REALLY despise her up there. (Does she know how to tip waitresses?)

This bitter, manipulative, anti military woman needs to get hit with some hardball questions while she's in the spotlight...

"Senator Clinton...would you care to give some words of encouragement to our special forces already on the ground in Iraq and our forces poised in the Gulf?"

I would LOVE to hear her stumble over that question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demsformd

Originally posted by Hessian
Back on subject....

The message must must must get out there and stay out there:
Hillary despises the Military, CIA and Secret Service.

They have kept quiet on dozens of tales of thrown lamps, cussed blue streaks,
and crudeness.

She knew nothing of NY when she ran and has avoided the north country like a plague because they REALLY despise her up there. (Does she know how to tip waitresses?)

This bitter, manipulative, anti military woman needs to get hit with some hardball questions while she's in the spotlight...

"Senator Clinton...would you care to give some words of encouragement to our special forces already on the ground in Iraq and our forces poised in the Gulf?"

Ok, Hessian, never heard these stories. I guess that is because that is just what they are - stories...like the ones I tell after I go on my fishing trips to Mississippi. And do you mean to tell me that the only politician with Secret Service protection to cuss them is Hilary? Come on, I think that it is incredibly spectulative to think that she despises the CIA, military, and the Secret Service because of one alleged incident involving cussing an agent that I have never seen reported. Just because Hilary does not think that this government should bulid-up on military matters just so we can use it as a measuring stick for our pecker-measuring contest with other nations does not mean that she is anti-military.

Hilary did not avoid the north country. Don't you recall those listening tours that almost exclusively occured upstate? In the general election, she lost the region by a small margin of four points (51-47) after former Republican Senator Al D'Amato had carried the region in 2000 by over ten points. So much for them despising her as well.

Look, liberals are not anti-troop. We are not anti-military. Just because we search for peace before we jump into war does not say that we hate the military. And just because we feel that all members of society deserve respect and not just our wonderful men and women in uniform, does not mean that we are anti-soldier. Hilary, like all true Democrats, are patriots...just as Republicans and President Bush...I think that even though you may disagree with her positions does not warrent such a personal attack.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ok, Hessian, never heard these stories.
That can't possibly be true unless you live in a vaccuum and never read a newspaper or watch a news program. Do you think people just dream up these stories and pass them by word of mouth? No. We read books, we watch the news, we keep up on what's going on.

And do you mean to tell me that the only politician with Secret Service protection to cuss them is Hilary?
No. Actually, LBJ cussed them quite frequently too. But Ronald Reagan was a pleasure - always very friendly and personable to everyone, including the White House Barber.

We are not anti-military.
Um...yeah. That would explain why Vietnam vets were excoriated by liberals when they got back stateside. That would also explain why Al Gore tried to get military absentee ballots thrown out in the 2000 election.

You need to bone up on your Presidential history, bud. But I understand that facts would just get in the way of your fantasies.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
No. We read books, we watch the news, we keep up on what's going on.

hmm, kinda like my take on polls. Funny how people blast the media for being biased, unless the story they have supports their own views.

Just like with what I said about Mr. Clinton. The more you blast Mrs. Clinton, the more the liberals laugh because after all, she still won a state where she wasn't even from. So the more you blast her, the more irrelevant the republican party seems to be since they couldn't find someone to beat her, and that is just sad.

Um...yeah. That would explain why Vietnam vets were excoriated by liberals when they got back stateside.

From the stories my father told about the situation, it most certainly wasn't just liberals who were doing this. I can fully undestand not supporting the war, but not supporting the troops is just shameful and both sides were guilty of this.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I heard and saw them too, Dems...

Originally posted by demsformd
Ok, Hessian, never heard these stories. I guess that is because that is just what they are - stories...like the ones I tell after I go on my fishing trips to Mississippi.

...I think that even though you may disagree with her positions does not warrent such a personal attack.

Dems, I also heard those charges about cussing a blue streak, throwing lamps around in their quarters. I got it from a friend in my neighborhood here, who doesn't work for the Secret Service, but he happened to be up there doing catering service, and got the report from those same people.

Remember where Hillary placed herself during the Presidents'
State of the Union Address? Was it just blind luck that she seated herself 2 or 3 three rows directly behind the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the rest of the military personnel?

That is one calculating woman, and I wouldn't put it past her one bit to use that venue as to be seen pro-military.

That fact was not lost on the Fox, MSNBC and CNN newscasters.
They remarked on how odd it was, where she chose to sit.
:smile: penn

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by SmallTown
hmm, kinda like my take on polls. Funny how people blast the media for being biased, unless the story they have supports their own views.

Which would tend to support the claim that most major news outlets tend to be biased to the liberal point of view - if you're liberal, you don't see the bias. It's like not noticing racism, unless you're a person on the receving end of it.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by demsformd
Ok, Hessian, never heard these stories. I guess that is because that is just what they are - stories...

I've heard quite a few, from friends who worked at the White House - one of whom played on my softball team during the 90's, and we'd all listen to whatever went on. He mentioned that a number of times, the Clintons would still be in their limo, not gettng out to go into the White House - because they were still inside, fighting.

On the other hand, others that knew her said, she has a bit of a 'nerd' kind of personality - responding to staff with phrases like "okey-dokey, artichokey" (that littel nugget was in the Post). Almost nobody can be ill-tempered all the time.

B

Bruzilla

I know a guy who was on the President's detail, and his only comments were about Hillary's legs looking like tree stumps. He said they were the same width all the way down.:biggrin:

I have to disagree that the challenges cited by Dems, that Hillary so bravely overcame, were really obstacles. First Lady or not, any woman who stays in a relationship with a guy who's a chronic womanizer but who has lots of power, is not a victim and not a woman to be sympathized. She's a woman who wants the power more than a loyal husband and a good marriage. Not that there's anything wrong with that... let's just call it what it is.

You can talk about points, but Reagan took 49 states and Mondale took one plus the District of Columbia. 49 to 1.5 is a butt-kicking in any contest. Like Dennis Miller once quipped "Mondale got stomped like a narc at a biker rally."

I would actually be willing to cut Hillary a little slack if she had just apologized for her "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" remarks after her hubbie fessed up. She was wrong and just couldn't bring herself to admit it, and that's not someone I would ever want to see in power.