I love America

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Untrue, most will engage in honest debate but your reputation precedes this thread. If folks see a change in your posts/attitude, you might be surprised.

I'm not buying the "new day/new Sappy" bs.

black dog

Free America
Well if this thread is anything to go by you are certainly right that no one is willing to engage in honest debate. Just look at the responses from people who haven't even watched a single episode. Everyone making childless insults or jumping on the defensive with no knowledge. Its a pretty accurate slice of how political and social debates are now handled.

It's pretty sad. Even though i don't agree with many conservative sources i try to at least read, watch or understand their positions.

Lol......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That being said, you sure won't find many on here who will engage in honest discourse. You find find many willing to engage in honest debate and you won;t find many here who are going to change their minds.

I would be happy to have a discussion with Sarah Silverman. Unfortunately, that's not the format - instead, she gets to spew and I can either choose to listen or not. I can't rebut her or present another side. Given her history of hysteria and intolerance, I choose not to listen to her anymore because it's annoying and I don't learn anything. That is based on her past behavior that I have seen. Plus that, what kind of person has sex with Jimmy Kimmel? Ick.

Sapidus may find this sort of thing enlightening, but he's still discovering his piggies. I'm past that stage of my life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She said the change in her came about because of his willingness to listen and not criticize or judge. So i am now going to take that tact from here on out. I am not going to trow insults. I am going to ask why people believe the things they believe and see if they can question long held beliefs.

Do you promise? Because I am happy to discuss things with you, but in general you've been pretty quick to throw out insults and personal attacks in lieu of pertinent discussion, so I communicate with you in kind. If you are willing to act in a more respectable manner, I am willing to treat you with respect.

Deal?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well if this thread is anything to go by you are certainly right that no one is willing to engage in honest debate. Just look at the responses from people who haven't even watched a single episode. Everyone making childless insults or jumping on the defensive with no knowledge. Its a pretty accurate slice of how political and social debates are now handled.

It's pretty sad. Even though i don't agree with many conservative sources i try to at least read, watch or understand their positions.

You and Sarah have both went out of your way to make yourselves very unlikeable. If say Ken King or Itsbob, people who've earned a modicum of respect, had recommended it I'd probably take a look in spite of it being S. Silverman. If it starred someone like a Mike Rowe or Sarah Palin I'd watch it even though you were the recommender. But with the double negative I'm going to have to give it a pass.

Hijinx

[video=youtube;N3kiq79gL0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3kiq79gL0I[/video]

Some of you might get through this, I couldn't

This_person

Yes. I have watched 3 episodes. One of which she meets a family in Louisiana who all voted for Trump. She hangs out with them and finds common ground. She then meets with a group of fireman and tries to find things they have in common. That one delves into scatological humor but at the end I would say the all agree that thy have found common ground as people first and political viewpoints second.

Hulu is a paid service so I can't link to it unless you have a PayPal account.

Here is an episode on Youtube. Skip to 11:00 minutes to see where she meets with the Louisiana family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFfIGXu3PU

So, in an attempt to see you acting in a new, non-abusive way, I clicked the link. I am just over a minute in, and she spends a whole lot of time dividing America and I was almost ready to turn it off as clearly a non-changed Sarah, but then she says, "I'm part of the problem." So, seeing her admit to such a thing helps me keep watching.

Then she goes into a screed about an "epidemic" of cops killing unarmed black teenagers, lamenting that it's not really an epidemic because it's always been that way but she now knows of it because of social media. So, I'm just at 2 minutes in, and she's already treating a demonstrably-false narrative like it is true. Not boding well for watching in any more, but I am giving YOU the benefit of the doubt.

Not quite sure what the multiple close-ups of a penis need to be. She even says that's not good TV.

Now she's saying Trump started the Kenyan rumors....that was Philip Berg, for the Clinton campaign. That's two lies - outright, not to be funny.

I do think it's sad that she feels she has to go to the zoo, in the way she acts, to see people with different views. And then criticizes them for having a different view. "That's always a good reason," she condescends, "to believe something because you were raised that way."

Yeah, I gave it a chance, but between the lies and condescension, I just can't see it being worth while.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah, I gave it a chance, but between the lies and condescension, I just can't see it being worth while.

And now you've lost 10 mins of your life to something you knew would be worthless bull#### before you started.

black dog

Free America
I just tried to use White Privilege for somebody to go to get me a breakfast burrito, I was told that I had to buy burritos for everyone.
They are 7 bucks apiece... I'll go and get my own burrito and soda....
My White privilege can't even get me a ####ing burrito...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I just tried to use White Privilege for somebody to go to get me a breakfast burrito, I was told that I had to buy burritos for everyone.
They are 7 bucks apiece... I'll go and get my own burrito and soda....
My White privilege can't even get me a ####ing burrito...
A burrito? Really?

You have to use "brown privilege" for that!

You should have tried for a BLT. That's a "White" sandwich. :yay:

Hijinx

And now you've lost 10 mins of your life to something you knew would be worthless bull#### before you started.

LOL She didn't get ten minutes out of me. I doubt she got ten minutes out of most of us here.
I really never heard of her before the thread.
I posted it so that people in the threads could wonder ,as I do, what kind of fool thinks she is funny.

People pay to watch this torture?

black dog

Free America
A burrito? Really?

You have to use "brown privilege" for that!

You should have tried for a BLT. That's a "White" sandwich. :yay:

Dang, I should've had my negro pick it up.....but he's retired now , so I'm betting he's still asleep...tonight's 1.50 beer night you know...
20171108_092503.jpg

Sapidus

So, in an attempt to see you acting in a new, non-abusive way, I clicked the link. I am just over a minute in, and she spends a whole lot of time dividing America and I was almost ready to turn it off as clearly a non-changed Sarah, but then she says, "I'm part of the problem." So, seeing her admit to such a thing helps me keep watching.

Then she goes into a screed about an "epidemic" of cops killing unarmed black teenagers, lamenting that it's not really an epidemic because it's always been that way but she now knows of it because of social media. So, I'm just at 2 minutes in, and she's already treating a demonstrably-false narrative like it is true. Not boding well for watching in any more, but I am giving YOU the benefit of the doubt.

Not quite sure what the multiple close-ups of a penis need to be. She even says that's not good TV.

Now she's saying Trump started the Kenyan rumors....that was Philip Berg, for the Clinton campaign. That's two lies - outright, not to be funny.

I do think it's sad that she feels she has to go to the zoo, in the way she acts, to see people with different views. And then criticizes them for having a different view. "That's always a good reason," she condescends, "to believe something because you were raised that way."

Well it's your loss. If you read what I had wrote you would have seen I said start at the 11 minute mark when she meets with people who have different views then hers and tries to find common ground. Dismissing it outright based on your biases is exactly the problem she is trying to overcome.

It is well documented that it is in fact an epidemic of cops killing unarmed blacks. Less than 100 years ago int his country blacks were routinely lynched, burned and killed in the streets. You think that behavior just disappears within a century and no lingering biases remain?

Trump was an even recently continues to be one of the largest disseminators of the false information of Obama being a Kenyan. He either knows that it is not true or he is using it to manipulate the public. To defend that behavior is disgusting.

If you choose to continue to be ignorant of the arguments and concerns of the other side you should feel free to continue to live in a ignorance.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It is well documented that it is in fact an epidemic of cops killing unarmed blacks.

Then you should be able to provide link(s) to support your assertion. Please do so.

Oh..and who wrote this?:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.