I never cook with....

LJ1999

I love food as most of you know. There are some ingredients that I will never use, unless you can convince me of a way to make them taste O.K.

1) Canned Chicken - I have used this to make chicken salad and Buffalo Chicken Dip and I just can't get past the texture and taste
2) Frozen Meat Balls - They are like rubber, maybe I just haven't found the right brand

Any suggestions or anything you would never use?

NOTSMC

I love food as most of you know. There are some ingredients that I will never use, unless you can convince me of a way to make them taste O.K.

1) Canned Chicken - I have used this to make chicken salad and Buffalo Chicken Dip and I just can't get past the texture and taste
2) Frozen Meat Balls - They are like rubber, maybe I just haven't found the right brand

Any suggestions or anything you would never use?
Cream of anything. Hate em'.

LJ1999

Never heard of that one...who makes it?
[/QUOTE]
It's Campbells. They had a big sale a couple of weeks ago. I got that one and Cream of Bacon.

NOTSMC

I just bought Cream of Onion Soup and am trying to figure out a way to use it.
The older I get the less I'm able to tolerate things like sour cream, fast food, soggy buns. I've got a whole list of things that give me the dry heaves!

NOTSMC

Never heard of that one...who makes it?
It's Campbells. They had a big sale a couple of weeks ago. I got that one and Cream of Bacon.
[/QUOTE]
o;hhhh cream of bacon...now that sounds interesting. I'm on an Italian kick lately because I've been watching the entire Sopranos series. My BF is taking me out for espresso tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

LJ1999

o;hhhh cream of bacon...now that sounds interesting. I'm on an Italian kick lately because I've been watching the entire Sopranos series. My BF is taking me out for espresso tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
[/QUOTE]
Do you like coffee? Just an extra strong version!

LJ1999

[/QUOTE]
Have you tried making your own pasta sauce yet? Since your on an Italian kick.

NOTSMC

[/QUOTE]

See now I want it like Tony drinks it. In a tiny little espresso cup. I had what I think was real espresso just once in the Azores while I was on deployment. It was really black and on the thick side. I have a hard time believing that Starbucks or any coffee place around here serves real espresso.

Unless I'm thinking of the chicory coffee I had in New Orleans.

LJ1999

See now I want it like Tony drinks it. In a tiny little espresso cup. I had what I think was real espresso just once in the Azores while I was on deployment. It was really black and on the thick side. I have a hard time believing that Starbucks or any coffee place around here serves real espresso.

[/QUOTE]
I don't believe I've ever had real espresso

NOTSMC

Have you tried making your own pasta sauce yet? Since your on an Italian kick.
[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I do marinara old Italian style, my own alfredo, even done it with fresh plum tomatoes once (pain in the neck). I'm even really fussy about the tomatoes, even though I usually used canned. Only the, oh crap what are they...San Marino or something. Good stuff. Grate my own cheese from the block, usually imported cheese.

NOTSMC

I don't believe I've ever had real espresso
[/QUOTE]

Panera bread says they have espresso - double shots of espresso, rumored to be quite the kick in the butt. Lee's taking me home immediately after breakfast. I talk nonstop after a mere cup of coffee.