I think my AC is crapping out

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The thermostat is set for 73. This morning it was 77 when I woke up and now it's gone up to 80 in here. Everything worked fine yesterday. I changed the filter this morning even though it really didn't need it.

Does anyone know of a Trane certified fixer-upper person that does good work? Otherwise I'd have to go einey meiney miney moe thru the yellow pages and I'm not calling the idiots who installed it years ago.

K

Kain99

The AC probably just needs a "Freon" charge. We had to do that back in May. Called Southern Maryland Oil. They were quick and didn't charge us an arm and a leg.

If the temp keeps climbing check and make sure its not freezing up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If you call T.N. Bowes, maybe you'll be lucky like I was to get the guy that spills his whole life story. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99

If the temp keeps climbing check and make sure its not freezing up.
You're probably right about the freon. But where exactly would I check (inside/outside) to see if it's freezing up? I only know how to change the filter and check that the water drains properly.:lol:

I have to say this thing has run for a solid 10 years with no problems at all. I also think my extended warranty just expired in May. :rolleyes:

If you call T.N. Bowes, maybe you'll be lucky like I was to get the guy that spills his whole life story.
Thanks RR. Spill the beans and maybe I can give him a psychic reading in trade. :roflmao:

K

Kain99

If you have a furnace.... Open up the front. There should be screws. Look inside you will see a Big block of Ice either at the top of the furnace or the bottom. Wherever the coils are.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
If you have a furnace.... Open up the front. There should be screws.
Let me go find my old butter knife. :yay:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
I am so cool I could just come and stand in your house to lower the temp 20 degrees.
How fast can ya get here? :cheesy:

crazytown

Boothe's Heating and Air, Wayne Boothe - 301-373-4247. He's Trane Certified and does good work! He may be a little pricey, but it's worth a shot.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This is not my day. :frown:

All my (land) phone lines are :dead: and my cell doesn't get enough of a signal at home for the other person to hear me. :tantrum

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
Did you and Bear get any AC yet?
Bear is :snooze: in the foyer where it's cooler. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this expensive phone system we have by banging on it.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Bear is :snooze: in the foyer where it's cooler. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this expensive phone system we have by banging on it.
Don't bang on the phone. The lines are down. The busines line is down too. I have tried to reach you on both.

nomoney

OMG!! their phone lines are down! and they're getting sweated out of their house!! Sharon and 2A are under a terroist attack!!!!:yikes:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by nomoney
OMG!! their phone lines are down! and they're getting sweated out of their house!! Sharon and 2A are under a terroist attack!!!!:yikes:
Not to fear... I just put Bear in his Kevlar vest (he's positioned at his station) and we're all ready to go! :yay: