Ideas for 40th wedding anniversity

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
40 years, save up and splurge. Combine it as a holiday gift and send them on a second honeymoon.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
kelleymauck said:
Anyone know of a good place to have 40th wedding anniversity party that's not too expensive? It would be in december.
How big of a party are you expecting?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Railroad said:
:yeahthat: I just threw my mom's 50th birthday party at the VFW in California. $150 for the whole night. They say it holds 200, but that is VERY cramped.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Ehesef said:
:yeahthat: I just threw my mom's 50th birthday party at the VFW in California. $150 for the whole night. They say it holds 200, but that is VERY cramped.

We had a blast at my Mom's 50th at the V. I'm very surprised that she told you it could hold 200 - they told me that 100 was ideal, but we could do up to 125 or so and still be okay. We had about 115 and it was fine. 200 in there...no way! That's horrid - unless, of course she's talking about 200 NOT seated, ya know? Anyway, the VFW is great, and cheap, too.

morganj614

Ehesef said:

I had my birthday party there also. It's clean, has a nice back room and prices are reasonable. You can bring in your own food.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
We had a party at a cousin's house for my folks 50th and my sister made an anniversary quilt for them. It was about baby blanket size, mostly white with a border, and every body signed it with an indelible marker.

H

HollowSoul

chipendale guys for her....Strippers for him.....then send em on one of those "love" cruises..:lol:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
bluecat said:
Hollywood Resque squad is a nice place. I had my parents ann. party there.

It's nice, but depends on what you're looking for. The large area is about hte same as the V offers, but the V also has the large bar area in addition. If all you want is dinner, the Rescue Squad would work fine. But if you want dancing, etc... afterwards the V has a much better setup.

kelleymauck

mind freak
Railroad said:

My guess would be at least 100 if not more. We have a big family. What's the contact information for the VFW? We looked in to hollywood rescue squad for our wedding. It's nice but sort of on the expensive side. I also need a good dj for the whole shindig. Gotta have some dancin' for my MIL. And a bar. :lmao:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
kelleymauck said:
My guess would be at least 100 if not more. We have a big family. What's the contact information for the VFW? We looked in to hollywood rescue squad for our wedding. It's nice but sort of on the expensive side. I also need a good dj for the whole shindig. Gotta have some dancin' for my MIL. And a bar. :lmao:

I'd say that the VFW is your best bet. You saw how we had the set up for my Mom's party - I think it worked really well! Call 411 and ask for the # for VFW Post 2632 - either that, or Elaine could be kind enough to post it for you. She may know it off hand. :yay:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
kelleymauck said:
that will work. i'll check into it. waiting to hear back from sister in law for her lovely input.

:shrug: I wouldn't bother too much with that. She's far away, and it's doubtful that she'll contribute much if you ask me. I'd say roll on with your own plan. :wink:

kelleymauck

mind freak
JabbaJawz said:
:shrug: I wouldn't bother too much with that. She's far away, and it's doubtful that she'll contribute much if you ask me. I'd say roll on with your own plan. :wink:

True that. We already decided that the two older siblings would be of no help they would just come, maybe not even that. Dumb me asked the other one for help and they we're willing to help but that's beginning to be more of a pain in the arse. By the way Jabba did you get your invite for the b-day party?