Idiots in Leonardtown!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am mathematically challenged so I always make sure I put out a little extra. Money that is... Rather pay a bit to much than shortchange someone else.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hey, we're talking Chinese food here. How different can the checks be. It's not like one person can order beluga caviar and another a egg roll. Take the total, add 15 to 20% of the amount before tax, divide by 15. Some may pay under by a buck; some over by a buck. Big deal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by 2ndAmendment
Big deal.
:yeahthat: Check nigglers irritate me. And I hate people who chintz on the waitress, especially if she was a good one.

My folks do that - here they are, people who make good money, living in waterfront property, my mother with a diamond stud in her pinky nail. They bought us breakfast one morning and my Dad later realized that the tip was included in the bill and he had left our gal a $7 tip. So he went back to the restaurant, yes he did, and made her give back $5 of it. I kid you not. We have never let him hear the end of it! Shamed him with my best Mommy tactics, how the $5 he got back could mean milk for her kids, whereas it's only 1/4 of a manicure for my Mom.

Embarrassing.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by PoliticalAnlyst
If you're going out to lunch in a group at a busy restaurant, it really is best to get one check, divide it evenly and add a decent tip. It's not fair to the server or the other people who have to stand in line while 15 people tie up the cash register as they pay separate checks. Chinese Food for lunch can't be more than $5-6 a head. People really should not be buying booze at lunch when they are working, so there's no excuse for someone having a higher drink bill.

Years ago I used to travel 60% of the year with one particular person. We usually had dinner in the bar every night. I was a $1.50 Coors Light guy and he was a $4.00 Heinekin guy. We had quite a few beers every night I'm afraid. After a few months of splitting the check evenly, I finally wised up and paid just my share. :)
The problem I have with this, is I go to lunch with 5-6 people 3 or 4 times a week. When the check comes everyone pulls out a credit card... How many folks carry cash nowadays...

K

Kain99

Yeah but... If you change some old ladies tire and then she drives to the Diner she will leave your pregnant wife an awesome tip!

My advice: Change more tires. :wink: