If people had to live they way they treat their dogs...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yes, he looks just like that, only all black.

Daisy's litter had two reds (they call apricot like Daisy), two whites, and two blacks. Genetics is an amazing thing. Daisy is totally spoiled to the max! She deserves it. She is a sweetheart, as were my rescues that I had to say goodbye to. Miss them so much, but love our Daisy Doodle!

I hope the OP lets us know what is going on with the dogs she is worried about.

thrash

I wonder if we live on the same street... this has been a situation on my street for my entire life. The lead is like 3 feet long. You can smell dog poo just walking by their house. Honestly, I don't even know if there's even still a dog there, as it's become a part of the "background" from being there so long. Animal Control has been called on numerous occasions and they don't care. They used to have a big rottweiler tied up there that would bark at all hours of the day. When I was around 6 years old, I was walking up the road to a friend's house. The dog was jumping and snarling and looked like he was going to pop off his lead. I could see that his collar looked a bit loose. I didn't know what to do, so, being a child, I screamed and just started crying. Then the owner started screaming at me for teasing her dog, when all I was doing was walking by and got scared. My mom would go for daily walks with a large stick to "protect" herself. One day, the owner threatened to shoot her if she touched his dog with her stick... okay? Crazy people.

BernieP

Resident PIA
THERE SHOULD BE A LAW.....

Since people are so damn stupid

NO FREAKING 16 foot retractable leash. Nothing longer than a 6 foot leash.

Watched a couple of cows get pulled down the street by a large Shepard. What caught my attention first (from 100 + yards away) was the dog veering into the street, then back over to the pedestrian path.
The person holding the leash was fairly large, but the arm was fully extended and it was clear the dog was in control.