Impressed S.I.L. Volvo

RPMDAD

S.I.L. just arrived for Thanksgiving dinner. Has a 1995 Volvo 850 4 door sedan that she bought new.
One million one hundred and forty one thousand miles on it, original engine.. Body still looks very good. I was amazed. I have never owned one but this did impress me.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Are you talking about owning your SIL, or the volvo?

Just some quick math, but that comes out to about 63k miles per year. So she travels around the world at the equator 2.5 times every year?

That would be amazing in itself. Kudos!:buddies:

ftcret

I had a job that until recently required me to travel a minimum of 36k miles per year. 63k not out of the question. Although I think probably there is a decimal missing too...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I had a job that until recently required me to travel a minimum of 36k miles per year. 63k not out of the question. Although I think probably there is a decimal missing too...

It's very possible, I know one guy who drove from warminster PA. to Pax every weekday for four years until he retired, 200 miles each way in a Geo metro, lots of complaints of backaches.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

That is still one heck of a commute.

Not out of the question, but still......that comes out to about 173 miles per day, 7 days per week, for about 18 years. No weekends, or days off. That would be about three solid hours, all at urban hwy max speeds, per day. (mileage and hours not including any city/stop and go travel)

I know Volvo's have a good rep, but even they need some maintenance and downtime, right?

Me thinks there is an extra decimal in there somewhere.:buddies:

Last edited: