In case it effects the election?!?!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Mg!!!

Hello and how are you!?

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

I want my first post to you from me to be nothing but pleasant and I think it's great you've been out WORKING for what you believe in! I respect that.

*See next post for denouncements, personal attacks and smear campaign.

:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
SmallTown said:
Don't tell Pete that. He thinks if you haven't experienced something for yourself, you can't know anything about it at all. And he might be on to something there, when you look at Bush's "efforts" to date.
Moron, when being President, leading a nation during wartime or making lemonaide becomes a physical addiction let me know. Until then just keep bumping your gums and doing your state and family proud :yay:
BTW 3+ days not smoking here :yay: How is the bedwetting problem coming along ST?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
MGkrebs,

What a beautiful attempt at spin. We are discussing the CBS internal investigation of documents relating to Bush’s service with the Guard and now you say it is about another issue altogether. And one that nobody but you has a clue as to what you are talking about. I see little has changed in you during your absence.

Thinking to myself, I wonder what lies did he tell those 450 people that he registered to get them to register or was he just visiting the local graveyards and jotting down names and making up addresses?

Are the documents authentic or not? Considering that they were printed on a machine that didn’t exist when they were supposedly created it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure that they are fakes, but you go on and keep hoping.

As to parents getting letters from a General, my Mom has a couple on her wall down there in Georgia, the one that gives me the greatest pride was sent to her and my Dad by General Daniel “Chappy” James, Jr. who was CINC NORAD for my part in an early drug interdiction interception. General James was a Tuskegee Airman and the first African-American of any service to achieve the rank of four-star General; I at the time was a lowly E-3 (Airman 1st Class).

Why I brought up the matter of the medal controversy was that I thought that being a President was about being truthful too and not just having served in the military or not. Saying your comrades were criminals before Congress, claiming you should be awarded a medal when in fact you injure yourself (at least according to one of his authorized biographies) and then claiming you are an honest person deserving to run our nation (all the while saying the current President hasn’t been truthful) doesn’t cut it for me.

You might be at home with a validated liar as the leader of our nation but not me, I prefer to have at least a modicum of doubt and hope that he is not.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
MGKrebs said:
Hi Ken. No dust on me. I've registered 450 voters this summer. IN INNER CITY NEIGHBORHOODS. (I'm a deputy registrar here.)
I hope you are well!
Did you offer them free crack pipes to register as a democrap

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Mg...

Or, they could be accurate, in which case we would have to conclude that Bush disobeyed a direct order.

Glad to hear you are receptive to possibility!

First and foremost, GW Bush has said, repeatedly, that he honors JFK's service to our country. He has said that JFK's service record is better than his.

JFK has yet to return any kind of compliment at all perhaps because he is lying about his own record. Or at least you'd certainly agree that there very well be merit is the swift boat crewmembers claims about their comrade.

Yes?

So, what is worse for our commander in chief

Candidate A: Has said he was a bit of an irresponsible youngster but absolutely honors the service of others, especially combat vets.

Candidate B: Slanders the National Guard by omission. Guardsmen served and died in Nam. This guy has made his service of 35 years ago the center piece (because his Senate record sucks) of why he is fit to be CIC. This service then, rightly examined if the candidate says it is to be his yardstick, includes embellishments and out right lies in regards to that service.

Yes?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Larry Gude said:
Glad to hear you are receptive to possibility!

First and foremost, GW Bush has said, repeatedly, that he honors JFK's service to our country. He has said that JFK's service record is better than his.

JFK has yet to return any kind of compliment at all perhaps because he is lying about his own record. Or at least you'd certainly agree that there very well be merit is the swift boat crewmembers claims about their comrade.

Yes?

So, what is worse for our commander in chief

Candidate A: Has said he was a bit of an irresponsible youngster but absolutely honors the service of others, especially combat vets.

Candidate B: Slanders the National Guard by omission. Guardsmen served and died in Nam. This guy has made his service of 35 years ago the center piece (because his Senate record sucks) of why he is fit to be CIC. This service then, rightly examined if the candidate says it is to be his yardstick, includes embellishments and out right lies in regards to that service.

Yes?
:shocking: OMG!! You guys have actually succeeded in muzzling MGKrebs??

This is unreal; the MGKrebs I remember would never let those comments go unanswered! Can he be merely a hollow shell of his former self?:ohwell:

MGKrebs

endangered species
I'm not muzzled!

Penn said:
:shocking: OMG!! You guys have actually succeeded in muzzling MGKrebs??

This is unreal; the MGKrebs I remember would never let those comments go unanswered! Can he be merely a hollow shell of his former self?:ohwell:

I just have other priorities now.

But let's see here:
- The CBS docs are NOT clearly fake. Whatever right wing blogs you are following are wrong. There are experts who say that the fonts, machines, EVERYTHING, could be legit. CBS backed off only because they cannot verify the source. In any event, NOBODY disputes the accuracy of the content.

I don't want to get into the swift boat thing. they have been so thoroughly discredited that it is just not worth the time, and beside the point anyway.
It is just unfortunate that a person could try to imply that someone's service in the Guard is somehow more valuable than someone else's who served in combat. I mean, c'mon, let's talk about stuff that might affect swing voters.

The crack pipe thing didn't work. Nobody down there can afford crack anymore. Had to go the Schlitz route. They still make that stuff!

What else? Will Bush be wearing his earpiece at the next debate?

MGKrebs

endangered species
OK. Good response. I think you are correct. i think I may be confusing some other "memos" with the CBS ones. But see, here is the point: the "spin" is actually to question everything except the actual CONTENT of these memos and forms and reports. Bush apparently can't prove that he fulfilled his comittment any more than Kerry can prove he did. So getting down to the bare bones :
Kerry served in combat.
Bush served in the National Guard.
Call it a draw if you like. We'll let the voters decide.

And I don't think it was you Ken, but whoever wants to get into who is LYING more, if that is a criteria for choosing your candidate, then let's get it on.

MGKrebs

endangered species
(Still getting used to the new format,

in case ya'll hadn't figured it out. I'll try to refer to previous comments more clearly.)