In case the weather turns

Makavide

Not too talkative
Originally posted by Sharon
Duck pins are shorter and smaller than regular pins. The balls are hand-size and you get 3 rolls instead of two. I haven't played since I was a kid, they're hard to find.

They called it candle stick bowling up north

SeaRide

Originally posted by pixiegirl
I use to love going to "Curly's" in Waldorf for duckpin bowling. I have no clue if there are any places left.
OMG!!! dont tell me "Curlys" is still open and running, huh? oh man .. that sure brings fond memories ... I remember watching my uncle being rowdy and threw the duckpin ball at the pins but hit the wood guard thing that just did sweeped. oh man it was hilarious!

:cheers:

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SeaRide
OMG!!! dont tell me "Curlys" is still open and running, huh? oh man .. that sure brings fond memories ... I remember watching my uncle being rowdy and threw the duckpin ball at the pins but hit the wood guard thing that just did sweeped. oh man it was hilarious!

No they've been closed for a while this was back when I was in my very early teens. Probably 10 years ago. I wish they were still open. :bawl:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I use to love going to "Curly's" in Waldorf for duckpin bowling. I have no clue if there are any places left.

I'm not sure how long Curly's has been closed, but anyone thats bowled duckpins in the DC/Baltimore area would roll their eyes when Curly's is mentioned..It was, by far, the worst maintained duckpin bowling alley in the area.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SeaRide

Curly's was bulldozed years ago!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by otter
I'm not sure how long Curly's has been closed, but anyone thats bowled duckpins in the DC/Baltimore area would roll their eyes when Curly's is mentioned..It was, by far, the worst maintained duckpin bowling alley in the area.

Hey Otter! :moon: :neener:

Christy

b*tch rocket
That's cause Christy actually feeds me. :biggrin:

:roflmao: Well I can't very well be the only fat arse in the house! :roflmao:

Real Philly Cheese Steaks for din din tonight! :yum: