insurance on a bike

hokie11

Curious as to how much insurance would be for a hayabusa.. i have a speeding ticket and minor accident on driving record at the moment for past 5 years, unfortunately, they wont be going off for another 3.. and im over 25

difference of cost between a hayabusa or another sport bike or are all sports pretty much the same?

tyia!

Last edited:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Curious as to how much insurance would be for a hayabusa.. i have a speeding ticket and minor accident on driving record at the moment for past 5 years, unfortunately, they wont be going off for another 3.. and im over 25

difference of cost between a hayabusa or another sport bike or are all sports pretty much the same?

tyia!

wouldn't it be nice if there were companies such as progressive or geico that allowed you to compare rates online - you know where you could enter your own personal information and get a quote to match you.

wouldn't it be nice if there were companies such as progressive or geico that allowed you to compare rates online - you know where you could enter your own personal information and get a quote to match you.

What a concept.....

We could all tell you what we pay Hokie, but it has no bearing whatever on what you would pay, based on your history. You need to get real quotes.

Last edited:

hokie11

yea ok, i feel kinda dumb. my bad. funny thing is, i was just on the progressive site right after i posted, looking at my own history.

:smack:

hokie11

ok so, my next question... any recommended businesses in the area that provide lessons on how to ride a bike? im pretty good at a manual and from what my friends hav said, i should be able to pick this up fairly quickly. i just dont want to risk anything on their bikes. they all learned out of state so they dont know of any places here

cost/websites/etc would be great

G

Gtmustang88

So your looking at a busa but don't even know how to ride of bike???:lmao:

These classes fill up fast, but I think it's your best bet.

CSM - Driver Training - Motorcycle Safety

It is a good class for the money. My boyfriend just finishesd it on Sunday and went to the DMV yesterday got his license and was out riding yesterday evening. He had no previous bike experiance either!!

I don't reccomend a byusa for a starter bike though. get a smaller one and work your way up. the "crotch rockets" are usually twice a cruser bike in insurance also because of the speeds that they can get up to.

hokie11

It is a good class for the money. My boyfriend just finishesd it on Sunday and went to the DMV yesterday got his license and was out riding yesterday evening. He had no previous bike experiance either!!

I don't reccomend a byusa for a starter bike though. get a smaller one and work your way up. the "crotch rockets" are usually twice a cruser bike in insurance also because of the speeds that they can get up to.

yeah... i kinda noticed that when running through a few different models online for insurance

bcp

In My Opinion
In 78 I bought a Yamaha 250 rd, that soon was traded for a 550 LTD that was soon traded for a 750 LTD, then I got the 1100 midnight special, from there it went to the Kawasaki Voyager, 6 cylinders of power.

but I got to tell you, Ive been off for a few years, and you can KMA before I put myself on a high power bike like that before starting smallish and working back up to it agian.

hell, I wouldnt even trust myself on the Voyager now that I havent rode in a few years.

Rethink this.

If you dont want to rethink this, could you please add my name to your insurance policies?

thank you in advance.

F

forceofnature

I have a 2006 Hayabusa. Yes it has power and too much if you havent ridden before. You must respect the throttle.

I started with a Honda 125 as a kid then Yamaha 600 sport bike. Then a Harley powered Buell 1200cc then the Hayabusa.

The new 600's are faster than past sport bikes for sure so they can be a challenge as well.

Fenrir51

<--- 23 with a CBR 900RR first bike. Zero crashes, Zero accidents, Zero speeding tickets. If you have the self-control to not ride around like a dickhead then chances are you will be just fine no matter what you start out on.

Fenrir51

Sure you could say that. Just because my bike has the power to do 160mph does not mean I am going to go ahead and do it on a public road. Some people have this thing called self-control. Now if I ever feel the need to go that fast I will probably pay the 200 dollars and goto a race track for the weekend. I figure its cheaper then the speeding ticket.

GRN96WS6

I pay a little over $300 for the year on a 600CC bike with a speeding ticket on my record. It was $270 but I'm assuming it went up some because of the ticket or prices simply went up.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
leaning more towards the ninja 600cc at the moment, but the busa will be the goal later

I think every insurance company goes off of year and cc's..

Granted, some give you a safety course credit, home owner, other vehicles, etc.. and some don't...

Progressive Direct is pretty cheap though :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Sure you could say that. Just because my bike has the power to do 160mph does not mean I am going to go ahead and do it on a public road. Some people have this thing called self-control. Now if I ever feel the need to go that fast I will probably pay the 200 dollars and goto a race track for the weekend. I figure its cheaper then the speeding ticket.

I say that because you can get a speeding ticket for 36 in a 35
because an accident doesn't have to be your fault
because gravity is a constant and sooner or later you will fall down.

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
ok so, my next question... any recommended businesses in the area that provide lessons on how to ride a bike? im pretty good at a manual and from what my friends hav said, i should be able to pick this up fairly quickly. i just dont want to risk anything on their bikes. they all learned out of state so they dont know of any places here

cost/websites/etc would be great

Why not check out Harley's Rider's Edge?

The Blast is a fun little bike to ride. You get the full course and if you decide it isn't for you, you haven't put out the money on a bike. And if you dump the bike, it isn't your buddies either!