Is Charles Co. Racist?

willie

RoseRed said:
The publicity the Lyles family and friends have brought to La Plata could not do the entire area any good. I seldom visited La Plata but the impression was always positive until this. That town meeting was an eye opener for seeing how far south the trash has flowed.

nomoney

baynet said:
Based on the evidence presented to the Grand Jury of 23 citizens already in place before the shooting occurred, ..............

The Grand Jury is a randomly selected body of citizens that considers evidence in cases to determine if an indictment is justified. The group is selected twice a year and serves for six months.

nbc4 said:
"I know that they're wrong. And as far as the investigation, their own people investigate. They didn't have anybody come out and investigate. That's the reason why they were found not guilty," Betty Lyles, the victim's mother said.

baynet said:
According to an autopsy report from the state medical examiner’s office, Lyles, who was larger than each of the three officers attempting to subdue him at 6’1’’ and 262 pounds, was struck by only 2 bullets..........One bullet was fired from a handgun concealed in his inside jacket pocket, which traveled through his jacket and struck his hand. The second shot was fired by officer Walters and struck Lyles in the front of his chest adjacent to his collar bone.

nbc4 said:
Police said Lyles was shot after he resisted arrest and started wrestling with several officers. They also said Lyles was shot once, but family members said he was shot three times without serious provocation.

And here people are getting pissed off at the "ghetto" peeps for their "side" of the story. Maybe if bigger news affiliates like nbc4 reported the "true" story and not the hearsay crap the family is still going on about, the outrage wouldn't be as bad. I say blame the bigger news affiliates that are doing their stories for ratings and not to spread the truth.

sockgirl77

sugarmama said:
I can't understand how race can be thrown into this either... esp. when 99% of charles county is black. They think that the 10 white ppl that live there are out to get them.
Where in the hell did you get these statistics? :rolleyes: