Is Shoppers going to make it?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Which is sort of my point. Dollar general is not quite the same as other dollar stores virtually everything they carry is brand names. Think I mentioned buying Barilla pasta in there just the other day right? That's why I'm saying you should visit one because then you can speak from a position of knowledge. This is very similar to someone saying that they refuse to shop at Target because they've shopped at Walmart and big box stores are big box stores.
Dollar Generals are what I go to if I'm in one.

mitzi

I don't think Dollar General has that much of an impact overall on groceries where there are grocery stores. I know that it would be about number 97 on my Top 5 of where I'd go if I needed something a grocery carries.

I've never seen a Dollar Whatever store carry anything other than cookies, other snacks and boxed stuff like macaroni and cheese that a grocery has.

That brings up another point, those types of stores tend to go into areas with lower incomes. Maybe we're not as rich as we (especially those in Calvert) want to believe.
Dollar General carries can goods, refrigerator and freezer items, coffee, tea, etc. They really carry a lot of grocery items.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Right, in the middle of nowhere PA. :) Been to a WaWa in Pa that was more like one the 7-11 in Prince Frederick. But you wont find one like that here.
Do you know where Smethport, PA is? How about Tionesta? Port Allegheny? Parker? Reynoldsville or Strattanville? Smethport, Port Allegheny and Tionesta are the most remote of the ones I listed.
Most WaWas and Sheetz are busy all the time no matter the time of day no matter where they are. Which 7-11 in Prince Frederick?