Is there a good place for breakfast

1stGenSMIB

Depends on your timing. Anglers is good when they are open. Most other Island establishments cater to the tourists that do not come to Solomons in the morning. I have not been there, but Bugeye has a local running a coffee bar in the morning, but I do not know if they do any food. There are rumors the Frying Pan near Southern Middle School does breakfast, but I cannot verify this.. (I worked there as a teenager in high school.) I personally love the sausage croissants and breakfast potatoes at Roy Rogers, but I am a weirdo.

Last edited:

NOTSMC

Depends on your timing. Anglers is good when they are open. Most other Island establishments cater to the tourists that do not come to Solomons in the morning. I have not been there, but Bugeye has a local running a coffee bar in the morning, but I do not know if they do any food. I personally love the sausage croissants and breakfast potatoes at Roy Rogers, but I am a weirdo.
Thanks - doesn't look like they open to 5pm soooo,....doesn't look like Solomons does breakfast at all except for IHOP Bob Evans etc. Guess we're stuck on this side of the bridge. Appreciate your response.

1stGenSMIB

Thanks - doesn't look like they open to 5pm soooo,....doesn't look like Solomons does breakfast at all except for IHOP Bob Evans etc. Guess we're stuck on this side of the bridge. Appreciate your response.
I made a few edits and OmyGawd added some. Also heard rumors that Tiki Grill might try weekend breakfast/brunch..I think they are feeling out interest.

NOTSMC

Boomerangs, Anglers, Frying pan (when open), not sure about the Pier and Charles Street all do breakfast on the weekends
Oh, glad to hear that - makes good business sense. Unfortunately Fridays our leisurely breakfast and go to places we haven't been before day.

NOTSMC

Depends on your timing. Anglers is good when they are open. Most other Island establishments cater to the tourists that do not come to Solomons in the morning. I have not been there, but Bugeye has a local running a coffee bar in the morning, but I do not know if they do any food. There are rumors the Frying Pan near Southern Middle School does breakfast, but I cannot verify this.. (I worked there as a teenager in high school.) I personally love the sausage croissants and breakfast potatoes at Roy Rogers, but I am a weirdo.
Is the Frying Pan still the Frying Pan or is it a Mexican restaurant now? I had thought about that one but it's just a little too far I think.

Better Black Coffee in Leonardtown sounded good...they do crepes and I love crepes. No seating, all carry out. We're lingerers.

OldHillcrestGuy

Dream Weaver Cafe in Prince Frederick, in same shopping center as the Japanese Steak House just up from the Firehouse.. Excellent prices and big portions much better then Bob Evans and IHOP. Great breakfast, Im headed there this morning.

NOTSMC

Dream Weaver Cafe in Prince Frederick, in same shopping center as the Japanese Steak House just up from the Firehouse.. Excellent prices and big portions much better then Bob Evans and IHOP. Great breakfast, Im headed there this morning.
So that's where we ended up as well and I spent a pleasant 45 minutes or so trying to figure out if you were in there or not. Had it narrowed down to the guy with the motorcycle shirt on, guy with the red plaid shirt, guy with the long beard, guy with the thermal shirt on, tall guy with the gray hair with another guy that looked like he worked on the base, the short guy, the guy that tripped when he left out the side door that says watch your step, the guy that was carrying out a two or three year old girl... You were probably long gone by the time we got there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So that's where we ended up as well and I spent a pleasant 45 minutes or so trying to figure out if you were in there or not.
You, of all people, know that you stop at the local post office and ask where to find someone you've never seen before. Jeez.

NOTSMC

You, of all people, know that you stop at the local post office and ask where to find someone you've never seen before. Jeez.
LOL. That was pretty funny that day. I mean what are the odds that I'd find a semi intoxicated man in the post office lobby at St George's Island who knew exactly where you lived and a post office employee ready to rat you out for a piece of lemon blueberry sour cream pound cake?

mdff2

BulRushes Cafe in Pr. Fred. next to Outback does breakfast and lunch. I believe on Tuesdays veterans eat free breakfast, sponsored by a local business. First Wednesday of the month is first responders breakfast. Check their FB page for more info.

Grumpy

BulRushes Cafe in Pr. Fred. next to Outback does breakfast and lunch. I believe on Tuesdays veterans eat free breakfast, sponsored by a local business. First Wednesday of the month is first responders breakfast. Check their FB page for more info.
Great place, ate there last week. Cream of Crab soup is the bomb.

OldHillcrestGuy

So that's where we ended up as well and I spent a pleasant 45 minutes or so trying to figure out if you were in there or not. Had it narrowed down to the guy with the motorcycle shirt on, guy with the red plaid shirt, guy with the long beard, guy with the thermal shirt on, tall guy with the gray hair with another guy that looked like he worked on the base, the short guy, the guy that tripped when he left out the side door that says watch your step, the guy that was carrying out a two or three year old girl... You were probably long gone by the time we got there.

I was there from 10am till about 11:15. Was sitting near the coffee cabinet. Was wearing Capitals jacket and was having breakfast with a old co-worker. Well did you enjoy your breakfast? They were pretty busy when we were there. I would come closer to the gray haired guy with the guy that looked like he worked on the base.

NOTSMC

I was there from 10am till about 11:15. Was sitting near the coffee cabinet. Was wearing Capitals jacket and was having breakfast with a old co-worker. Well did you enjoy your breakfast? They were pretty busy when we were there. I would come closer to the gray haired guy with the guy that looked like he worked on the base.
We left at 10:30ish. Of all the things I looked out for, I missed the Capitols jacket. We were against the wall near the side door, nondescript girl in a nondescript outfit, chattering away to the good looking guy sitting across from me. Good food, big portions, had the quesadilla, the place is eclectic...liked that. We went to Wentworths on the way home and he took me over Benedict Bridge since I've didn't know it even existed. Fun couple of hours.

Thanks for the suggestion, really enjoyed it.

Last edited: