Is there any intrest in a Hard Rock band in SOMD?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I'm a singer and a friend of mine is a guitarist and we are thinking of doing a bit more than just our Friday night drink and play. My question to all you folk's is, is there an audience for a hard rock band in SOMD or is it pretty much just classic rock and country?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd come listen if anyone under 30 is prohibited from entering the establishment. That's the biggest thing I hate about metal music - the fans.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I'm a singer and a friend of mine is a guitarist and we are thinking of doing a bit more than just our Friday night drink and play. My question to all you folk's is, is there an audience for a hard rock band in SOMD or is it pretty much just classic rock and country?

stuff like this....Megadeth's -- Symphony Of Destruction Karaoke - YouTube

:clap: Yes, more hard rock and metal in SoMD please! I'm getting tired of traveling to B-more for decent music.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
So far we have 2 yes and 1 over 30 only....at this rate everyone could carpool to a show on a moped with a sidecar. :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where would you play? There are precious few venues left as best I can see..and speaking as someone who once owned and operated a bar (17 years ago..) that almost always had live rock bands on weekends.

Misfit

Lawful neutral

star777

My dad's band plays some heavier stuff like Megadeth mixed in with Classic Rock and the such... The only kind of heavy band that I have seen is Silvertung and they played Memories. There was a crowd, just not packed and it did seem to be people under 30. I think a lot of bar owners just have an issue with the crowd that music draws :/ But I would go!