Is this where it all falls apart?

Hijinx

My guess is that he wants to keep his job. CIA director is appointed by the president, who can replace that appointee whenever he wants. You can assign nobler motives to him if you want, but I'm going to bet it's as simple as that.

He is FBI director But wth.

This_person

My guess is that he wants to keep his job. CIA director is appointed by the president, who can replace that appointee whenever he wants. You can assign nobler motives to him if you want, but I'm going to bet it's as simple as that.

He didn't work for the Clintons when he investigated the Rich thing. And, what came of that?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Who is going to give it attention? That New York Slimes.

The media is involved in one of the biggest sliming efforts ever to come at a Presidential candidate.
Every day they dream up a new piece of slime to throw at Trump.
The purpose is to keep Hillary out of having to speak on the issues and to take away stories about her perfidy's.
Don't be fooled ---------------it's working.

I am a believer that the media can keep things quiet for only so long. When a story gets so big (and I think this is going to be big) that it just can't be kept silent; I mean these networks might be aimed at protecting Clinton, but I don't think that will take precedence over dismissing a story at the risk of losing their audience. You know Fox will report this big time. Getting it out there at any level will give it legs.

This_person

He let Rich (and Clinton) off the hook. And later Barack Obama appointed him as FBI director.

That's what I'm saying....he wasn't looking to keep his job then - he was working for GWB. The Clintons have something on him, or are threatening him or his family.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
For those that see things logically, and don't need the leftwing media to tell how to think, we knew this all along.

This is about Hillary. Like Benghazi, it's about lot's of people and, ultimately, the system as a whole. Like Benghazi, an actual investigation would implicate a lot of people including people in the 'opposition' party. Can't have that!

Think about the Warren Commission and the 9/11 Commission. Was their purpose to find the TRUTH and tell the American people what it's gummint was up to? Nope. In both cases, the job was an official cover up to hide the gummint, and key, powerful people, from embarrassment. The idea was the appearance that impartially and seriousness and non partisanship ruled the day. The US must maintain that illusion. Partially to protect the powerful #### ups who run our world and partially because that is what we WANT to be told.

Comey doing his actual job would have very probably altered a UIS election. That's not tolerable by either 'side'. Best to let the people decide and, if it's OK with us that she quite probably broke the law and, were she anyone else, she'd be fired or in jail, then, that's OK with us. You say 'but what about the people who refuse to see the obvious!?' and I say that's our system, a bedrock anti monarchy principle that we, the people, can discount what the King (the power that be) says. Jury nullification is another example. That's the reason the GOP isn't doing anything about it. They have decided that, politically, it is better that they do nothing and that's based on THEIR constituents.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's what I'm saying....he wasn't looking to keep his job then - he was working for GWB. The Clintons have something on him, or are threatening him or his family.

Or he realizes the larger implications; should he, FBI director, have that large a role in deciding, or powerfully influencing, the election? At the end of the day, like all the rest, he's a company man and sees that it's best for the nation to say a few stern words and leave it up to the voters. This isn't the mob. The Clinton's don't have anything on him. They're not threatening his kids or career.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Comey doing his actual job would have very probably altered a UIS election.

And that's what so frustrating to people like me... This is not about the election; it's about the law, national security, and the oaths each of us that works with classified take to properly handle and protect classified information. It's about properly holding people accountable when they violate those laws and rules. It's about having two different standards. I don't give a damn about the election and whether this takes Clinton down for the election. I care about the people that are responsible, at our highest levels, being held to an even higher standard to complying with the rules the rest of us are expected to comply with.

To see our top law enforcement officers and government officials colluding with each other to protect one person, who obviously violated the law, should outrage every law-respecting person in this country, regardless of politics.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Or he's a Democrat hack with a political agenda. Sure, he was supposedly a registered Republican but anybody can register whatever party they want and it doesn't mean anything.

Or he's a foreign spy.

Or...a number of things. I thought at first he was being threatened but upon further observation it's more likely that he's just another puppet.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I thought at first he was being threatened but upon further observation it's more likely that he's just another puppet.

Ditto, but I'm beginning to think he's not so much a puppet as he is just another crooked politician doing everything he can to cover his ass while getting rich.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're not threatening his kids or career.

They are almost certainly threatening his career.

Or he realizes the larger implications; should he, FBI director, have that large a role in deciding, or powerfully influencing, the election?

His job is to enforce federal law. By choosing *not* to enforce the law, he is still influencing an election.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Or...a number of things. I thought at first he was being threatened but upon further observation it's more likely that he's just another puppet.

Comey is smart to know exactly what he's doing and the implications of going in the direction he went. If he's a puppet, he's a fully willing and invested puppet in the Clinton regime. We know how the Clintons have played all their lives; they are brutal authoritarians that will do what they feel they must to achieve their goals. The trail of human damage is evidence enough for me to believe that either Comey willingly played along because he truly believes Clinton is the right person for the job, or he was threatened.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Comey is smart to know exactly what he's doing and the implications of going in the direction he went. If he's a puppet, he's a fully willing and invested puppet in the Clinton regime. We know how the Clintons have played all their lives; they are brutal authoritarians that will do what they feel they must to achieve their goals. The trail of human damage is evidence enough for me to believe that either Comey willingly played along because he truly believes Clinton is the right person for the job, or he was threatened.

I think, at some point in the future, we'll find out. I look forward to it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And that's what so frustrating to people like me... This is not about the election; it's about the law, national security, and the oaths each of us that works with classified take to properly handle and protect classified information. It's about properly holding people accountable when they violate those laws and rules. It's about having two different standards. I don't give a damn about the election and whether this takes Clinton down for the election. I care about the people that are responsible, at our highest levels, being held to an even higher standard to complying with the rules the rest of us are expected to comply with.

To see our top law enforcement officers and government officials colluding with each other to protect one person, who obviously violated the law, should outrage every law-respecting person in this country, regardless of politics.

We're a nation of men. And women. Not laws. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They are almost certainly threatening his career.

His job is to enforce federal law. By choosing *not* to enforce the law, he is still influencing an election.

His job is political. He's an appointee. A political appointee. As such, he's proven an ability to act accordingly.