Isabel

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth14
What do I do about this dead tree that looks like it could fall on my new house?
Let it fall and do the removal yourself. You can save the money that the insurance company will give you and get rid of the stinky carpet.

K

Kizzy

The ONLY thing you can do at this point is make sure your gutters are cleaned and put your lawn furniture away.

It could be nasty, but I do hope that the winds die down IF it hits lands.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by IM4Change
The ONLY thing you can do at this point is make sure your gutters are cleaned and put your lawn furniture away.

It could be nasty, but I do hope that the winds die down IF it hits lands.
If you live in moble home find somewhere safe to go.:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

K

Kizzy

What do I do about this dead tree that looks like it could fall on my new house?

I'm in the same boat. I've had tons of trees removed this year, but my lot is just like yours, trees everywhere. If it is the tree in the front, I think it could nip your house, but that is it. You want a new car, so just park your car near the tree, that should soften the fall. :shrug:

The winds are 150-200 MPH, so I don't think there is much anyone can do but hope it dies down. If we do not get a direct hit, we will still get tons of rain, so the best advice I can think of is clean your gutters and put your lawn furniture away. We still have 4-5 days that could change everything.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The NWS 1100 update shows that between the 18th and 19th the storm will hit eastern NC and pass directly over Southern Maryland tracking towards central PA. Right now it looks like we will get hurricane force winds and the associated rain, but since this is a weather phenomenon (and we know how accurate weather guys are), who knows exactly what we will get. Wednesday I’ll be cleaning up around the house, putting away anything that might blow around, and securing anything that might become a projectile.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by Ken King
The NWS 1100 update shows that between the 18th and 19th the storm will hit eastern NC and pass directly over Southern Maryland tracking towards central PA. Right now it looks like we will get hurricane force winds and the associated rain, but since this is a weather phenomenon (and we know how accurate weather guys are), who knows exactly what we will get. Wednesday I’ll be cleaning up around the house, putting away anything that might blow around, and securing anything that might become a projectile.
So we need to be ready soon.:jet: :jet:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
You're welcome. :cheers:

Also the pic of Isabel I posted (on pg 1) is updated by itself. It shows the current position of the storm.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by Sharon
You're welcome. :cheers:

Also the pic of Isabel I posted (on pg 1) is updated by itself. It shows the current position of the storm.
Ooh, wow.

I just sent a pic of the storm track to F&F back home. Two of them have already emailed me back, "give me an earthquake any day." Hear hear!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Two of them have already emailed me back, "give me an earthquake any day." Hear hear!!
LOL, I'm not so sure about that. :roflmao:

K

Kain99

This storm is starting to scare me... I guess I'd be over reacting if I packed the kids in the car and drove to Montana huh?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
This storm is starting to scare me... I guess I'd be over reacting if I packed the kids in the car and drove to Montana huh?
Plan on raising some dental floss? :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by RoseRed
Plan on raising some dental floss? :biggrin:
I'd feel much better if we were all together... Hurricane Party at RR's House everybody! :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
But I have a small house. The yard is big, there will be plenty of room outside! :biggrin: Bring your umbrellas! :lol:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by RoseRed
But I have a small house. The yard is big, there will be plenty of room outside! :biggrin: Bring your umbrellas! :lol:

I have the same problem , I live in a 1980's Moble home.But we have to find somewhere.:banana: :banana: :party: :party: :weak: