ISO Irish Setters

Cowgirl

We had an Irish Setter when I was young. Can't say he was the most intelligent dog we ever had, but he was SOOOOO sweet!! :huggy:

I did a search and found this website. Looks like there's one in Bel Air, but some others in the mid-atlantic area.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cowgirl said:
We had an Irish Setter when I was young. Can't say he was the most intelligent dog we ever had, but he was SOOOOO sweet!! :huggy:

I did a search and found this website. Looks like there's one in Bel Air, but some others in the mid-atlantic area.

Thanks, CG !!

GallopNTec

FireBrand said:
Any reputable Irish Setter breeders in Southern Maryland ?
Will be looking for a pup or two in the spring.
:howdy: I've never heard of an Irish Setter Breeder in this area. I worked in the Vet field for quite a while and never saw any either. Lots of English Setters in this area tho..
AKC web site might be helpful- good luck
Absolutely love Irish Setters- they are very popular were I grew up.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
:lmao: Yes, please, please get an Irish Setter! That way we can live vicariasly (sp?) thru your photos - I've always loved their looks but also heard they we're not the brightest crayons in the box. I can't speak, my first dog was an Afghan Hound - dumb as a box of rocks!!!!! :lmao:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HorseLady said:
:lmao: Yes, please, please get an Irish Setter! That way we can live vicariasly (sp?) thru your photos - I've always loved their looks but also heard they we're not the brightest crayons in the box. I can't speak, my first dog was an Afghan Hound - dumb as a box of rocks!!!!! :lmao:

Had and Irish Setter many years ago. They are not dumb but their
hyper personality many times overides common sense !!!
Add it all up and Yup, they are ditzy ! Wonderful dispositions !

DarkHorse

Irish Setter Puppies

My co-worker just had a litter of 8 Irish Setter puppies. Almost 4 wks old now. They AKC registered. The sire is Am/Canadian AKC Champion and the female holds agility and obedience competition titles. They are located in the Fort Washington area.

Here is his phone number for more info;

301-292-9575
:howdy:

FireBrand said:
Any reputable Irish Setter breeders in Southern Maryland ?
Will be looking for a pup or two in the spring.