Itchy Skin

Roman

anybody else having issues with itchiness? What's your magic cure?
Yes, I've always had a problem with that until recently. I take Fish Oil, and Vitamin E Capsules to treat from the inside. I mix together Vitamin E Oil, Aloe Gel, Corn Huskers (They now have oil-free), and Cerave into big jars, and mix. You can get the Vitamin E Oil in the Vitamin section of just about any store. I use variations here & there, and sometimes put Olive Oil in the mix. It's fun to do, and it's wonderful. You can also add Tea Tree Oil, which has a medicinal effect. I forgot, I also add Sun Screen to it all. SPF 15 in the Winter, and SPF 50 (I think) in the Summer. Mositurize after bathing, when skin is still damp.

brookysmom

Parrot Rescuer
I drink more water.

It is really hard in winter to stay hydrated in regards to skin.

I have a couple really great Lotion bars that i got at a natural Soap shop. They are like bars of soap have natural scents and have Shea butter in them.

I get mine at the local common market or at Giant Eagle ours has a natural soap area also farmers markets usually have a soap or candle making table.
You can order online from Amazon.com they have some good ones

I like this one it comes in a few scents
COOLA Body Lotion Bar - Cucumber Melon at DermStore

I have made my own too using recipes and supplies from here
Wholesale Candle Making Supplies, Soap Making Supplies, Cosmetic Supplies, Fragrance Oils Natures Garden

Hope this helps by the way i do not work for any of these places just use their products.

April

Caution

anybody else having issues with itchiness? What's your magic cure?

I get it a little in the winter. I keep a woodstove going and the heat is dry and the air in the house is less humid. I bought a cast iron water kettle and keep that full on top of the woodstove and bought a little humidifier for the house and between both of those it the dry skin itches seem to go away.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I have very, very dry skin. It itches so bad I get out a hair brush to scratch it. I go thru lots and lots of anti itch cream but Eucerin seems to be the best.

ginwoman

I have very, very dry skin. It itches so bad I get out a hair brush to scratch it. I go thru lots and lots of anti itch cream but Eucerin seems to be the best.

OMG I know what you mean. It's kind of like an orgasm of the skin when you scratch it. Sorry to be so blunt but I'm sure you understand.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
All over of just your hands? My palms itch so badly that I use a wire brush on them - I've actually raised blisters scratching.

My legs are the worst, where my socks come up my leg. My hands get that way some time but my legs are like that all yr long.

Roman

I was thinking...I wonder if the stuff in our soaps might not be the real culprit? Like the antibacterials. I also wonder if the deodorants we use might not be the reason for so many breast cancers. I know that sounds nutty, and sometimes I think too much about this stuff. Maybe we bathe too much too? Who knows?

ginwoman

I went to dermatologist yesterday. She thinks it may be a reaction to a new BP medicine I am on. I was wondering about that myself due to the timing of my problem. I am changing back to my other BP med and she gave me a topical steroid salve to put on. So far I am better.