It's hit the fan now!

Cowgirl

He was not my family. After 3 weeks the bandages came off. He just wanted things to get back to normal. The school was informed of his accident. It happen in front of the school. I was 2 weeks after school started. He ended up getting his GED a year later. He passed with flying colors.

No comprende. You said he was your brother. Is that not family? Either way, this doesn't really have anything to do with the thread.

AndyMarquisLIVE

In NC it is the same way. Up here 90% is an A.
These kids have it easy up here. Especially in middle school math.

I had math at Three Oaks Middle School in Florida. I have two words for you: Van Mitchell. :dead:

He was the devil.

4 chapters of homework each night, every night. :mad:

My middle school english teacher was an absolute :drama:.

R

redhotmomma

No comprende. You said he was your brother. Is that not family? Either way, this doesn't really have anything to do with the thread.

Only my brother wanted to go back. I was trying to say if you let your child skip school they will take away of a day that could be used for a better reason like a accident or illness. Thats all.

AndyMarquisLIVE

In NC it is the same way. Up here 90% is an A. Also, in NC, There is no F. They have E's which makes sense because it is the next letter in the alphabet. It's also the same way in Charles County. When I moved to St. Mary's my mom asked why they had F's and not E's. The teacher responded "parents would think that it meant Excellent". :rolleyes:
They had the "E" thing in Florida as well.

They DO have F's in Charles County. :smack:

SoMDGirl42

If so, did the father of the child know you were going to get pregnant?

I would assume any smart man would know that when you play hide the sausage, pregnancy could be the result. No form of B/C is 100%, except of course abstinence.

sockgirl77

Well I was just curious. I mean we are on here giving our opinions on people and you say you have three kids out of wedlock. This makes me wonder a few things. I understand if you choose not to answer as it may be embarassing.

Were any of your children planned?

If so, did the father of the child know you were going to get pregnant?

Please tell me what you wonder.
Am I a good mom? Am I using your tax dollars to support my kids? Do I take care of my kids? Do I sit on my ass all day doing nothing?

No.

surfer1

Yes they should! They are little people and soon little adults. Unless you give them some semblance of control you lose!

Don't even tell me, you never skipped behind mean mommies back.

I trusted my kids to do the right thing. They had control but they knew the rules and for the most part followed them. If they strayed They knew they could call us(drunk at a party) or discuss with us any problem. We might not be happy but would work through it. We never set up things like ok to skip days! Now I'm not saying that it never happened that my child came to me and said I want or need to miss this day for whatever reason and I didn't ok it-I did on occasion but it was discussed and understood. I knew wherwe they were! Thats being responsible.

nomoney

I skipped tons, specially my senior year. I graduated with a 3.875 gpa, a member of the national honor society, took all AP classes, and was a varsity ball player all 4 years. :shrug: Heck senior skip day, (this was my junior year) even got to drive a rental car to school so if I got caught driving out of the parking lot (they were taking tag numbers that day) they had no clue who I was. :lol:

I've allowed my boys one or two blah days here and there. My youngest doesn't do grades yet but has all VGs and my oldest has been a member of the A/B honor roll all year. (thats because of one lousy b in handwriting he cant seem to pull up because he writes like a doctor). :shrug:

There's a line that can be crossed, that as parents you have to be careful not to toe that line too much. You can't let them get away with too much. But you also can't be a prison foreman 24/7 either.

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
Every parent is going to raise their children according to their own beliefs. However, I think that it important for all parents (especially those of teenagers) to keep in mind that teens want your respect as much as you want it from them.

I think that it is fine to allow children to skip so long as there are limitations and they are up front about their plans. It is the same as going to a friend's house - if they know that there is a chance their parent will listen and try to understand their point, the kid will be more honest than if they know that they will get shot down before they get 2 words out.

Kids will be kids and some ways are better than others to handle them.
If this was the first time the girl has done that, I think that the dad definately overreacted. That's like chopping off someone's toungue because they said "crap." If it wasn't her first time, then I still think he could have handled it better, but I guess she deserved it.

I hope he knows that going insane and then sending her to military school is not going to straighten her out right away. She will learn discipline and how to salute, but I don't think its going to fix everything at home. Good luck to him and all other parents that feel a school of other rebellious kids is going to fix all problems!

*That said, a small private school will allow her to receive more attention from teachers & authority if that had anything to do with her skipping. I went to private school all my life, but I've heard that crowded public schools are a lot easier to sneak out of than private where the teacher-student ratio is more like 1:20.

:pete:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
My kids skip 2-3 days a week and there going to cabbage to get there degre in nurse or radaioligy.

SoMDGirl42

My kids skip 2-3 days a week and there going to cabbage to get there degre in nurse or radaioligy.

You better be nice. She might be the nurse on duty one day when you come in. Or better yet, she might be the radiology tech on duty when they have to do a sonogram of your balls :faint: :lmao:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You better be nice. She might be the nurse on duty one day when you come in. Or better yet, she might be the radiology tech on duty when they have to do a sonogram of your balls :faint: :lmao:
:killingme Why do I think the only position she'll get will be emptying my bedpan? :jet: