It's time for an Amish Barn Raising

fatratcat

Winning yet? :killingme

Probably not with the racist homophobe crowd, but you'll let me know when that changes, won't you? On another note, rather than fly the stars and bars outside your trailer, I have a collage of losing powerball lottery tickets you can use that sends the same message. Finally, I'm really sorry that your circumcision involved someone kicking your sister in the jaw.

Last edited:

mitzi

Me neither! All I know is what I saw. My kid and I were walking away from the first stand after buying flowers. We were midway across entrance (yes, we looked both ways first). Suddenly, a horse and carriage with no driver appeared at a full run east of 6. The horse slipped and fell as it turned into the lot about 40 feet from us. It immediatley got up and took off into the parking lot. I turned picked up my kid and got us between cars. An Amish guy very bravely jumped on the horse, grabbed the reins, and stopped the carriage. Does that clear it up?

Yes

acommondisaster

Me neither! All I know is what I saw. My kid and I were walking away from the first stand after buying flowers.

You patronize the same people you want to chase off? Where the heck are you going to buy your petunias?

I read through this thread in one sitting; I hope your Prozac prescription is refilled soon and you're feeling better. My thoughts are with you.

mamatutu

mama to two
You patronize the same people you want to chase off? Where the heck are you going to buy your petunias?

I read through this thread in one sitting; I hope your Prozac prescription is refilled soon and you're feeling better. My thoughts are with you.

Here, here! :cheers: Even though Amish don't drink, I don't think they would mind if we raise a glass in honor of their amazing perseverance to preserve their heritage in a world that has become completely out of control! May they always live in peace.

It is supposed to be 'hear, hear', but same difference. I looked it up after the fact. :cheers:

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
Winning yet? :killingme

No. This has become the entertainment thread of the week. Sheesh! What does religion have to do with it? Nothing. Why don't we find out the religious affiliations of all the CEO's of all the markets that service our country. I think Fat needs to just go to a national grocery store chain, and picket/protest them. He might feel better. I feel better because I am not the one being bashed, but I do feel bad for him. j/k! :killingme

Last edited:

fatratcat

Here, here! :cheers: Even though Amish don't drink, I don't think they would mind if we raise a glass in honor of their amazing perseverance to preserve their heritage in a world that has become completely out of control! May they always live in peace.

It is supposed to be 'hear, hear', but same difference. I looked it up after the fact. :cheers:

Amen. I wish only the best for them and their belief system. I only ask that they do it on property they own.

fatratcat

How do they do that?
Are they trying to convert you, preach to you or influence you in any way?

What would say if it was Muslim cleric or a woman dressed in a abaya selling you tomatos? My point is that dress does project religious belief, whether it's a priest or hasidic jew. The government should not show favor to any group by granting a special privelage. What's special in this case? Occupying the whole market with shanty's and leaving no room for others. Finally, the open ended policy of "this is the plan" creates a signifcant governmental entanglement. Regardless, it all fails the Supreme Court Lemon Test.

fatratcat

It's not really hard to follow me...I want to buy my tomatos from them in a space that's not on public property OR they can drop their obvious religious affiliation (dress, horses, carriages) and then I'm find with that because it doesn't project a hue of government sanction.

fatratcat

No. This has become the entertainment thread of the week. Sheesh! What does religion have to do with it? Nothing. Why don't we find out the religious affiliations of all the CEO's of all the markets that service our country. I think Fat needs to just go to a national grocery store chain, and picket/protest them. He might feel better. I feel better because I am not the one being bashed, but I do feel bad for him. j/k! :killingme

Please don't feel bad for me. I actually don't mind the give and take. Ever been to an Eagles game in south Philly? I grew up 'em. This is nothing more than a spirited debate for me. The only thing that's bothered me so far it the guy who called me a ### rag head. Looks the people pretending to be good Christians need to invest in a little Sunday morning time. Racism and homophobia shouldn't be raised in defense of the Amish, who are generally honorable people. It's interesting and very telling that no one condemned him...but that says a lot more about your side than mine.

acommondisaster

So this actually boils down to how they dress and what they drive.

The government mandating how they have to dress to sell their wares there WOULD be a violation of separation of church and state.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What would say if it was Muslim cleric or a woman dressed in a abaya selling you tomatos? My point is that dress does project religious belief, whether it's a priest or hasidic jew. The government should not show favor to any group by granting a special privelage. What's special in this case? Occupying the whole market with shanty's and leaving no room for others. Finally, the open ended policy of "this is the plan" creates a signifcant governmental entanglement. Regardless, it all fails the Supreme Court Lemon Test.

It would say they have a farm and are working hard to earn a little bit of money.
That's all it would say

You're an incredibly bigoted person.
It's sad to think you have children that you are teaching to hate and fear anyone different than you

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Probably not with the racist homophobe crowd, but you'll let me know when that changes, won't you? On another note, rather than fly the stars and bars outside your trailer, I have a collage of losing powerball lottery tickets you can use that sends the same message.

The only enclosed trailers on my 8 ac. waterfront compound are the toy hauler camper that carries my ATV's and the one that carries/stores two of my Harleys. Which one should I fly the tickets from?

:coffee:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
All this talk about produce has gotten to me. I think I'll ride out to Stauffer's produce and get some kale and apples.

mitzi

And ONCE again I ask, how do you know that the do not pay a fee for the space they occupy? You have YET to tell me yes or no. You are assuming no, but you haven't back up your claim yet with proof.

mitzi

All this talk about produce has gotten to me. I think I'll ride out to Stauffer's produce and get some kale and apples.

Me too. I got a $2 watermelon from one the farms in Loveville this morning. Beets were $1 a bunch. I will truly miss growing season.