J Chan - off the Movie watch list

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... crossed into Mexico from Southern California and, first thing, pulled over. Took most of their cash and their cameras.

That is Corruption ....... do we have some southern police depts abusing Radar Guns in the 1970's Yep - I heard one town was So bad, the state put up a bilboard at the town limits warning drivers .......

are Tenn Police currently abusing the Drug Forfeiture Laws along a certain interstate ... confiscating an large amounts of cash - Yep Sure do

but corruption is not wide spread ..... it is NOT Normal business to pay of Gov. Officials to get permits and such

Jackie Chan is, IMHO, a Moron, and as a Consumer I chose not to purchase anymore of his products .... like the Dixie Chicks or that Hypocrite James Cammeron

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But you don't live in fear of your government. You don't live in a nation where you're less afraid of an invading army than you are of your own leaders. .

You should have a small business and see if you opinion doesn't change.

An 'anonymous' tip lead to a visit from Maryland's Ag department, enforcement division. Well, it seems our run off was an issue. To this day, I am one of the few ZERO run off facilities in the mid Atlantic. In all went away because what they made me do would end nurseries in Maryland. A lot of people in my position would have closed up shop.

This was all in the lead up to the Nutrient Management plans we have today whereby whatever problem there is with manure on a farm is addressed by burning untold gallons of diesel fuel spreading it out all over the place in honey wagons.

A fellow grower in Ohio had the EPA show up, armed, weapons drawn, yes in deed, a decade ago about their run off.

I won't go on because, guess what, there is very real fear of the government in farming, in ag.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
but corruption is not wide spread ..... it is NOT Normal business to pay of Gov. Officials to get permits and such
n

What would you call TARP?

Business as usual or the largest single act of corruption in world history? Do you even begin to know what they did with our money, world wide?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What would you call TARP?

I already covered this ...
..... a Pay off to Wall St. Bankers .......

what reverse corruption ?
pay us off, or we will crash the economy ?

it was Corrupt for the Gov. to Force some banks to TAKE the 'bailout' even though it was refused

GM was Corrupt - UNION Bailout ......

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I already covered this ...
..... a Pay off to Wall St. Bankers .......

what reverse corruption ?
pay us off, or we will crash the economy ?

it was Corrupt for the Gov. to Force some banks to TAKE the 'bailout' even though it was refused

GM was Corrupt - UNION Bailout ......

Then, we agree? In a word, TARP was corrupt?

PsyOps

Pixelated
By doing what he had to do to make those millions, he is in a perfect position to know that which he speaks of.

The American way is, of course, to shoot messengers.

I'm trying to imagine the alternative - doing what he had to do in China. I wonder what those results would look like.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm trying to imagine the alternative - doing what he had to do in China. I wonder what those results would look like.

Ah, yes, but, are those our choices? A or B?

Very, very few things in life are black OR white. When we all operate from the same rules, then, individual effort and smarts and working with others makes the differences. When we do things like TARP and just throw the rules out the window for expediency sakes, to avoid responsibility because one has the raw power to do so, not only does it properly destroy trust in the rules but, it illustrates how meaningless rules can be.

Give me a consistent corruption everyone can learn and work with over the whim of an Obama or Bush. That much is black or white. At least to me.

:buddies: