Jack Rusell Puppies

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wonder if you get a tax break for buying one of those hybrids.

:lmao: I don't know, but I loved some of their creative names for them:

Jack Russell Terrier x Pembroke Welsh Corgi = Cojack
Poodle x Saint Bernard = Saint Berdoodle
Poodle x Soft Coated Wheaton = Swheat-N-Poo
Poodle x Westie = Wee-Poo
Yorkie x Shih Tzu = Shorkie Tzu

achclub

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

achclub
Oh, I need me one of those Saint Berdoodles! :dance:

achclub
I do understand why folks would be interested in these mixed breeds... she's selectively taking the best traits of both breeds and making a litter of cuties that are unique and without issues that plague most purebreds. But by that same token.... she... as well as those that breed purebreds... are just adding to the population problem with each new litter.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I do understand why folks would be interested in these mixed breeds... she's selectively taking the best traits of both breeds and making a litter of cuties that are unique and without issues that plague most purebreds. But by that same token.... she... as well as those that breed purebreds... are just adding to the population problem with each new litter.
You can find very interesting hybrids at the shelter too. When I was younger we adopted a cockapoo (before they were on purpose) from the shelter. She was the sweetest, best little girl ever.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Or just breeding them to breed them to see what results. :ohwell:

Foxhound

Finishing last
I'm on my fourth JRT and have been a member of the JRT Club of America. If you own a JRT I suggest checking out at least one trial. They are a blast and a great day out for the dog. I'm a firm believer in keeping them a sport breed and not a Show breed. On top of that they are one of the breeds in most need of rescue in the USA. Most people don't do research into the breed before they get one. They see them in movies or on TV and see how cute they are. Little do they know the work put into getting them to that stage of training. Because they are such a smart breed it is easy for them to train the human instead of the other way around.

Mine is a rough coat (long hair), and he loves to ride on his motorcycle with me. Having had a pair and bred them keeping one of the Pups. I have figured out they are now in my blood.

The little ones look so cute. How much will you be asking for them?

I have toyed with the idea of being a foster home for the JRT rescue society.

Okay, I'm a JRT fanatic. Can you tell?

Cowgirl

Did you all see the Dakotah Shepherd? :killingme They invented the breed. Check out this comment on the site:

Sender's name: Linda K
Sender's message: (referring to Bear in the next section)
I currently help out at a boarding kennel in Texas. Today, I got to see my first Dakotah Shepherd which was unheard of until today. What a delightful dog. The veterinarians have labeled the dog a GSD cross. When I saw it, I knew that was no GSD. The owners were quite firm as to the dog's breed. Now I know.
If I were younger and in better health, I would love to own one. Up until a few weeks ago, I was taking herding lessons with my Border Collie, Corrie. I was having fun, but Corrie was not. So, we will do obedience and agility which she enjoys more.

I have a fondness for herding breeds. I have had Cardigan Corgis and still have one, a sweet girl, Bria.

Good luck with the breed. Hope to see it at Westminster someday.

She knew it was a Dakota Shepherd?? That's pretty good considering all of the dogs look amazingly different from one another.

:killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao:

Poohhunny1605

We bred my JRT's (I have a m&f). We wanted 1-2 litters and then will fix momma. They are SO cute right now!! Running around very good now and starting to get "playful". I just started them on wet puppy food and they LOVE it. I will be sad when we have to sell them, but we can't keep them all!! LOL

Anyone else have a JRT here??

I have 2 JRT's, Jack and Baylee..Awesome little dogs. Baylee turned 3 on October 31 and Jack on November 10. They had the same daddy different momma lol They are my little protectors..Eventhough they are small dogs, they can be so mean sounding, especially if they don't know who you are and they get the barking with one another haha!

The pictures are so cute!

Foxhound

Finishing last
One of the reasons that Poodles are so common for "hybridizing" is that the are a hypoallergenic breed. So those that are allergic to dogs can actually own the poodle cross breeds. The most popular is the Labrodoodle.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I agree you shouldn't have more kids than you can afford.

That's not what she said. She said that people should not have children until there are no more in foster care. I believe this also includes orphanages. Gotta say I agree.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"

By mixing the breeds she isn't guaranteeing that only the "best" traits come through, she can and probably does wind up with puppies that have the worst traits of each breed as well. (it doesn't matter what breed it is, they all have "crappy" traits...)

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

SWEET, I have a hybrid. :lmao:

183168722-M.jpg

And yes, he was an adopted mutt. As were both of my cats. And my 2 donkeys.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
So you think it is nice to watch family pets screw? As long as they are smiling?

Wow, your pets can smile? My comment was made because you seem to repeatedly suggest that people are FORCING their pets to mate. :coffee:

And, no family pets should be spayed or neutered. My dog is neutered. My male cat is neutered, my female cat is spayed. My QH mare is 21 and I've had her for 13 years, never got her prego. My guinea pig is 6 1/2 and she's a maiden too. The two donkeys we rescued are mother and daughter but will not be bred. I have an American Cream Draft (mare) of which there are only about 300 in the WORLD. She is in foal, but I did not breed her, she came to me in foal. However I will in 2009, to my stallion who I rarely stand to the public, for a horse that I will keep.

I'm beginning to think you get off on bestiality. Ewww.

Geek

Wow, your pets can smile? My comment was made because you seem to repeatedly suggest that people are FORCING their pets to mate. :coffee:

And, no family pets should be spayed or neutered. My dog is neutered. My male cat is neutered, my female cat is spayed. My QH mare is 21 and I've had her for 13 years, never got her prego. My guinea pig is 6 1/2 and she's a maiden too. The two donkeys we rescued are mother and daughter but will not be bred. I have an American Cream Draft (mare) of which there are only about 300 in the WORLD. She is in foal, but I did not breed her, she came to me in foal. However I will in 2009, to my stallion who I rarely stand to the public, for a horse that I will keep.

I'm beginning to think you get off on bestiality. Ewww.

There are too many dogs. We don't need anymore. Do you know how many million die in shelters each year?

You can try to make this into something else. But you will look foolish.

I have been asking this breeder to stop making more dogs.