Jake & Al's Chop House

molly_21

A month or so ago, I noticed they had a few signs out on the road for happy hour but now that the state is not allowing "weekend signs", they have lost the ability to draw people in from them. (they did work- I used to use them myself)

No "weekend" signs. I saw signs for them for sandwiches for lunch I think it was. But I can't remember if I saw them on the weekend too. It must be depending on what kind of business it is, as I see signs for the wineries and open houses. Maybe not for resturants.

Even with the world series just finishing, I never saw that place crowed since it is really the only local place with a bar anymore (well sometimes early this year it got busy with football, maybe Lusby is not a baseball town).

frequentflier

happy to be living
No "weekend" signs. I saw signs for them for sandwiches for lunch I think it was. But I can't remember if I saw them on the weekend too. It must be depending on what kind of business it is, as I see signs for the wineries and open houses. Maybe not for resturants.

Even with the world series just finishing, I never saw that place crowed since it is really the only local place with a bar anymore (well sometimes early this year it got busy with football, maybe Lusby is not a baseball town).

My reference to the weekend signs is that businesses can no longer have them. They brought much traffic to my business and hope they had the same effect on J&A's.
Now, political signs will still be allowed :whistle:

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
I visit Jake & Al's often. The few times I ate in dining room, the service was so-so/alright. The food was always good.

I usually eat on the Bar Side and I haven't had a problem.

dilligaf.

there are other ways of advertising than using litter on a stick. There's always word of mouth advertising, advertising on somd.com, newspaper ads, radio ads etc.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Went, turned around and left. Not as I remember it. Looks like the bar area was expanded and the dining room was smaller, given over to a stage. I wanted a dinner, with conversation, not a concert.