JC Penney Credit Card Interest Rate Hike

Pete

Repete
JC Penny and Sears always have sucked. I have a JC Penny card they talked me into getting when they offered me $20 off a purchase if I opened the account. I got the terms in the mail with the card and it was something insane like 23%. I paid it off and never used it again. It is still on my credit report as an open acount but has never had a balance.

Sears is the same. it was some astronomical rate. I use it when they have their 0%, no payments for 12 month deals that only apply when you use your Sears card. I think it changed to a Sears Mastercard a couple years ago and I still wont use it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I could never understand the lure of a store card. The mess on my credit report was never worth the $10 or whatever I'd get off my first purchase. I had a Fashion Bug card when I was a kid and didn't know any better, but now I have a MC for personal, an AmEx for business, and that's it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I could never understand the lure of a store card. The mess on my credit report was never worth the $10 or whatever I'd get off my first purchase. I had a Fashion Bug card when I was a kid and didn't know any better, but now I have a MC for personal, an AmEx for business, and that's it.

:yay: Everytime I go into Peeblefinkels they ask me if I want their store CC, and when I say no, sometimes I'll get their haughty "what? you don't want our exclusive Peeblefinkels special savings available only to our customers who use their Peeblefinkels CC?" look. :lol:

Pete

Repete

Well the JC Penny card was foolish. The Sears card does pay. I buy my big ticket stuff using their 0% deals.

Pete

Repete
:yay: Everytime I go into Peeblefinkels they ask me if I want their store CC, and when I say no, sometimes I'll get their haughty "what? you don't want our exclusive Peeblefinkels special savings available only to our customers who use their Peeblefinkels CC?" look. :lol:

Target are cc whores too. EVERY TIME I go they ask.

E

EmptyTimCup

Or tell them you reject the new terms and you can payoff the balance making your normal monthly payments as long as you dont use the card again. This is way it USED to be.

I did that on 3 CC .... in 08 ...

Feb of this yr all 3 went to 18.9, 20.9 and 22.9 so much for locking it in @ the low rate :mad:

all through Chase ....

one was WAMU ( acquired by Chase ) and all interest rates went up after the acquisition

:faint: