Jeep Owner Needs Help!

SSUNBRN

There's a couple of local 4wheeling clubs in the area. Most 4 wheel excursions go out of the area to legal pay-to-play areas. Some members have private land that they sometimes take people on, but those are usually by invite only. Don't ask to be invited.

Maryland Creepers - Powered by vBulletin is a good place to start.

ParagonAP.com ATVs & Motorbikes is a good place to wheel.

As far as Buck Hewitt Road, it's all private land. I have "rescued" a few jeeps and other trucks outta there for co-workers. The risk is there.

I just purchased a new jeep and I'm brand spanking new to wheeling. Any updates regarding locations to off-road in southern MD? Looks like that paragon place is closed.

Thanks!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
That looks like a blast! Is it possible to pay a one-time-use fee (vice season pass)? Are there other beaches in MD/VA that you can drive and camp on? Thanks.

Here is the link to MD fees - Season Beginning/Ending Dates and Service Charges for Maryland State Parks
There was once upon a time a daily fee for the NPS section But i am having issues trying to find it here is what I found on the NPS site - Assateague Island National Seashore - Fees & Reservations (U.S. National Park Service) You can try to call them if this info does not help you out enough. I always just buy the annual pass and go out there a couple of times to make it worth the while. I am digging around to see what I can find on other beaches. It is worth your while to buy the Annual Pass to the State Parks. If you drop a boat or just like going to the parks in the area it easily pays for itself quickly. It costs $75.00 and no sales tax, look for it on the MD DNR website.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
F maryland.
save your 75 bucks for a hotel room or a campsite at Frisco Woods in North Carolina on the outer banks, then hit the sand for free.

bcp

In My Opinion
Fror my understanding of it yes, your Park Pass lets you into Assateague Island National Seashore.
but does that let me on the sand or do I still have to pay the OSV fee.

Ive never gone down there because its just not worth the 70 bucks to me, so I go to Hatteras,, but if its free, its alot closer and I can not catch fish there just as well as I can not catch fish in Hatteras.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
F maryland.
save your 75 bucks for a hotel room or a campsite at Frisco Woods in North Carolina on the outer banks, then hit the sand for free.

:yeahthat: And make sure you get an OBX Sticker to put on your jeep!

bcp

In My Opinion
:yeahthat: And make sure you get an OBX Sticker to put on your jeep!
1) dont have a jeep anymore
2) when I lived on the cape we would always laugh at the people that had the sticker. and those were also the ones that would end up with their truck 20 or 30 feet east of the high tide mark on a regular basis.:killingme

SSUNBRN

Thanks for all the responses.... still looking for places a little closer. The wife and I went to George Washington National forest a few weeks back and that was a blast! There has to be something closer by!

Thanks

SSUNBRN

Thanks for all the responses.... still looking for places a little closer. The wife and I went to George Washington National forest a few weeks back and that was a blast! There has to be something closer by!

Thanks

FYI to any jeep owners... I think there will be several jeeps meeting up at the la plata lowes tomorrow (fri) at 7pm. There are usually a small amount of hot rods that show up too.

SSUNBRN

Just installed a winch on the jeep -- still looking for places near by to go off roading. Also looking for other jeepers interested in camping.