Jerry's in PF - OMG!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Went for lunch today and it was incredible. Monello had the mariner's platter - soft shell, scallops, crabcake, haddock, shrimp, and oysters - and I had the fried shrimp. Of course we both had the delicious kale as a side. In addition, Jerry brought us haddock bites, marinated salmon, steamed shrimp, and more scallops. Everything was amazing. I was going to pick out a few items to highlight, but honestly it was all good. The scallops were tender and flavorful, with the perfect breading, and the crabcake is simply the best in SoMD, with enormous chunks of crab and zero filler (no kidding, they are gluten-free). The shrimp were large and delicious, the haddock was delectable - everything was fresh and well-cooked. The salmon that we got as a bonus treat might be my favorite thing I ate; it was just a simple teriyaki marinade but it really made that fish addictive.

It's expensive, but definitely worth it and then some.

Jerry's is probably the friendliest restaurant in Maryland, if not the US, which means the world. They greet you, chat with you, give you snacks - it's a great environment. Our waitress was Nancy and she took good care of us - I also know her personally so it was nice to see her.

I've praised Jerry's many times on here before so, yeah, here's another one. :lol:

Wenchy and I ate there a few times. Definitely a wonderful experience - expensive and worth every penny of it. (Especially with the Wench present - all the world's a friend with her around :LOL:) Glad you had a great time and a great meal, Vrai.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wenchy and I ate there a few times. Definitely a wonderful experience - expensive and worth every penny of it. (Especially with the Wench present - all the world's a friend with her around :LOL:) Glad you had a great time and a great meal, Vrai.

Nice memories for you, Railroad. :huggy: We live 10 minutes away from Jerry's and have never been there. We are not really eat-outers, but will have to go because we hear nothing, but rave reviews!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
(Especially with the Wench present - all the world's a friend with her around :LOL:)

She came up to Frederick visiting her sister and we had a girls night downtown bar hopping and noshing. She and I were both married but Jess was not so we played wingman all night and had a blast.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
She came up to Frederick visiting her sister and we had a girls night downtown bar hopping and noshing. She and I were both married but Jess was not so we played wingman all night and had a blast.

Cool. What an awesome lady, huh? (though she might disagree with the term "lady". :LOL: )

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I went to the one in Lexington Park and the fried shrimp with vegetable rice were just meh.

MR47930

I went to the one in Lexington Park and the fried shrimp with vegetable rice were just meh.

Not the same Jerry's and in no way affiliated with the seafood joint in Prince Frederick. Its confusing that there is the Asian Jerrys, Jerrys subs and pizza, and Jerrys seafood all within a quick drive of each other.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Not the same Jerry's and in no way affiliated with the seafood joint in Prince Frederick. Its confusing that there is the Asian Jerrys, Jerrys subs and pizza, and Jerrys seafood all within a quick drive of each other.

Jerry's Seafood in PF gets upset when I yell my order at them like I do at Jerry's Lexington Park.

MOO GOO GAI PAN!!!

Misfit

Lawful neutral
:lmao: He would probably just run in the back and bring you out some stewed tomatoes or kale and make you eat it.

I asked if they’d paint my head on the wall and he said they don’t have that much space.

I don’t understand.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Understandably, I am in the minority. I've been going to Jerry's back when he operated his original place over in Lanham. Hell, even had my rehearsal dinner there years ago. I've been to the PF location maybe 5-6 times since they moved in and haven't been back for a while. I can't question the quality of food or the service (they're both excellent); however, the last few times the wife and I have gone, we've walked out saying "It was good, but not $XXX.XX good." I've just found it expensive for what it is. I am a person who will spend good money for good food (heck, with take "food vacations" with friends) but I always walk out feeling I spent too much for what I got. Haven't been back in quite a while which is a shame as I love their stewed tomatoes and apple sauce.

MR47930

Understandably, I am in the minority. I've been going to Jerry's back when he operated his original place over in Lanham. Hell, even had my rehearsal dinner there years ago. I've been to the PF location maybe 5-6 times since they moved in and haven't been back for a while. I can't question the quality of food or the service (they're both excellent); however, the last few times the wife and I have gone, we've walked out saying "It was good, but not $XXX.XX good." I've just found it expensive for what it is. I am a person who will spend good money for good food (heck, with take "food vacations" with friends) but I always walk out feeling I spent too much for what I got. Haven't been back in quite a while which is a shame as I love their stewed tomatoes and apple sauce.

I agree to a point. We usually walk out saying the same thing, but the last few times we went we didn't have alcohol and the bill was much easier to swallow (pun intended). I like supporting the local places and don't mind paying a little bit more for better quality and service. Between Jerrys, The Lighthouse, Ruddy Duck and now the Brick there seems to be a decent selection in the lower part of the county.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I agree to a point. We usually walk out saying the same thing, but the last few times we went we didn't have alcohol and the bill was much easier to swallow (pun intended). I like supporting the local places and don't mind paying a little bit more for better quality and service. Between Jerrys, The Lighthouse, Ruddy Duck and now the Brick there seems to be a decent selection in the lower part of the county.

You don't like CD Cafe or the Dry Dock?

MR47930

You don't like CD Cafe or the Dry Dock?

CD Café was great the few times I went there. I'm not what you would call a "fancy" eater and some of their dishes are a little far out. If I cant pronounce it, I'm probably not going to order it. What/where is this Dry Dock you speak of?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CD Café was great the few times I went there. I'm not what you would call a "fancy" eater and some of their dishes are a little far out. If I cant pronounce it, I'm probably not going to order it. What/where is this Dry Dock you speak of?

Zanheisers Marina. Down C Street. Also fancy.

Hannibal

I agree with skipping the drinks but I am looking at it apples to apples so to speak. For example (and while not on the same level of dining I understand), I can take my family of 5 to Salsa's in Lusby. As far as Mexican food is concerned - it's pretty good. Service is fine and it is certainly very casual. There I can feed all 5 of us with main courses and an appetizer (with leftovers to take home) and my wife and I can enjoy a margarita (or even two) and still walk out of there full (and happy) for usually around $85 with tip.

I take the wife to Jerry's and add a couple of drinks - my tab is usually at or north of $150. I mean it's good - but so is Salsa's and I can eat there twice.

Ruddy Duck is good but I am not a huge fan of their menu (usually love their beer selection though). Lighthouse is certainly a fan favorite (especially in the nicer months). I also like the Japanese/sushi place in PF but I can never remember the name of it. Lots of good places to go.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I asked if they’d paint my head on the wall and they said they didn’t have the room.

I didn’t understand.

Last edited: