Jerry's Place in PF

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Did they get their liquor license? I remember back when they first opened in PF my husband and I went...Jerry told my husband "I can't sell you a beer but I can give you one."

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Went here again this afternoon. Man I have to go there more often.

Date got raw oysters that came with cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish on an oyster shell. Also came with a green vinaigrette/herb sauce that was amazing. They had a cool name for it but I can't remember. She also got MD crab soup and kale (because I harped about it). The soup was to die for and had little chunks of sausage in it.

I got steamed oysters that came with butter & I asked for vinegar & hot sauce to make my own dip. Entree was blackened rockfish marinated in a soy/pineapple/ginger marinade and came with a honey mustard sauce. Sides were kale (shocker) and stewed tomatoes. The rockfish was out of this world. :drool: I don't have words to describe how good it was. Of course the kale & maters were awesome as usual.

Definitely going to go more often.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Went here again this afternoon. Man I have to go there more often.

Date got raw oysters that came with cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish on an oyster shell. Also came with a green vinaigrette/herb sauce that was amazing. They had a cool name for it but I can't remember. She also got MD crab soup and kale (because I harped about it). The soup was to die for and had little chunks of sausage in it.

I got steamed oysters that came with butter & I asked for vinegar & hot sauce to make my own dip. Entree was blackened rockfish marinated in a soy/pineapple/ginger marinade and came with a honey mustard sauce. Sides were kale (shocker) and stewed tomatoes. The rockfish was out of this world. :drool: I don't have words to describe how good it was. Of course the kale & maters were awesome as usual.

Definitely going to go more often.
We all want to know what happened afterwards.
Did you tag it?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Jerry's is great for a variety of reasons. Jerry is as charismatic as they come. I love how he walks around treats every customer the same... he brings out little samples for everyone to try too. He wants you to have a great experience at his restaurant. The atmosphere is cozy too. The inside is white table clothe but not too elegant. The food is fantastic with little twists on some of the sides like the stewed tomatoes and kale (as previously mentioned). It's a little pricey. But if you want all of the above, paying the extra scratch shouldn't be a bother.

Also, anyone else remember his Crab Bombs from his PG County location? Well, as I understand it, his nephew bought him out in a very ugly separation of sorts. His nephew still runs the PG County location and now, I believe, owns the rights to the Crab Bomb name. It's a shame that his nephew gets so much run off of name brand that Jerry built from the ground up. My grandfather frequented the PG County location twice a week for years, even attended Maryland football games on a regular basis with Jerry and Jerry Jr.. I mentioned his name to Jerry (really, he has a code name in Jerrys) and we were treated like royalty... in reality, it probably wasn't anything any better than the rest of the customers. ;)

I think Jerry one upped him by calling his "The Grandaddy".

Jerry's is my favorite go to restaurant bar none.

A bit pricey but worth every penny.

I know what I want for Christmas...:whistle: