jobs

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
lkt said:
i have to agree.. i have emailed my resume to every office on the list of contractors on the counties list on this site.. applied for any opening that they may have... and have yet to be called for an interview.. I had a 3.75 GPA in all my college classes, granted the 2 degrees that I have are from a 2 year college... but still it makes me ill when i hear about people being hired such as the one with "baby-sitting" experience only..

when i was taking computer classes there were secretaries.. who didnt even know how to turn the computer on???????
I just wish I could get rid of my person and hire you :smoochy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
lkt said:
.. but still it makes me ill when i hear about people being hired such as the one with "baby-sitting" experience only..

when i was taking computer classes there were secretaries.. who didnt even know how to turn the computer on???????
big boobs :shrug:

GNO.Marathon

Career Fair

There is a career fair on Oct. 12th, 2005 from 10a - 2p at the Southern Maryland Higher Education Center. Just turn on the road by Outback and drive back past the entrance into Wildewood. We are the next buildings. There are going to be alot of employers there from St. Mary's Hospital, to the U.S. Census Bureau to Booz Allen, BAE, Smartronix etc. It should be a pretty successful event. 301-737-2500 for questions or www.smhec.org

itsbob

I bowl overhand
lkt said:
i have to agree.. i have emailed my resume to every office on the list of contractors on the counties list on this site.. applied for any opening that they may have... and have yet to be called for an interview.. I had a 3.75 GPA in all my college classes, granted the 2 degrees that I have are from a 2 year college... but still it makes me ill when i hear about people being hired such as the one with "baby-sitting" experience only..

E-mail, and snail mail doesn't do anything for you.. how many do you think they might get? Be different.. Find out who is hiring and GO to the pffice and introduce yourself to whoever will talk to you. Call and make an appt with the HR department.. Get your name known and your face recognizable. If you don't show REAL interest, why should they show interest in you?

K

Katie

The other thing is that there are only so many administrative assistant jobs out there. I know at my company the admin assistant jobs are basically filled very quickly.

This is why I switched fields and became a database programmer.