John Edwards...

SmallTown

Football season!
FromTexas said:
You know thats Hillary's spot, right ST?
I don't see that happening. What she wants, and what is best for the party are two different things. And I thought the dems couldn't get worse than Kerry.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
I don't see that happening. What she wants, and what is best for the party are two different things. And I thought the dems couldn't get worse than Kerry.

Oh, I believe Hillary is worse than Kerry. Have no doubt about that. I know its hard to believe I think there are politicians worse than Kerry (Ted Kennedy, Hillary, Dean...).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As far as I know...

I think Edwards did quite well. I think give him 4 more years of political service, and in 2008 he may very well be a very good candidate for the dems.

...Edwards is leaving the Senate after 1 term and he's leaving because he won't win re-election.

Dick let him slide on this one.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
...Edwards is leaving the Senate after 1 term and he's leaving because he won't win re-election.

Dick let him slide on this one.
Didn't Bush only have four years as Governor before being elected president?

SmallTown

Football season!
BuddyLee said:
Don't know. I know he had a failed attempt at running for congress as a younger guy.

SmallTown

Football season!
So much for the slamdunk everyone was expecting. Cheney was about what I expected, even if a little too low key. But further proof who is the brain in the whitehouse.

I say they cancel the next two bush/kerry debates and have the VPs go at it again!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
So much for the slamdunk everyone was expecting. Cheney was about what I expected, even if a little too low key. But further proof who is the brain in the whitehouse.

I say they cancel the next two bush/kerry debates and have the VPs go at it again!

I'd love to see a Kerry v Cheney debate... Just for kicks since it really doesn't matter VP to Pres candidate.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
FromTexas said:
So did Kerry. Two of them in fact.

Kerry ran twice in different districts, until he found a district in Massachusetts to run and win in... you look long enough y ou'll find a place with enough stupid people in it so anyone could win.. Kennedy is the PERFECT example..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
Whitehouse Bush bio says he was the first Texas Governor to be elected to two consecutive terms.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:
Whitehouse Bush bio says he was the first Texas Governor to be elected to two consecutive terms.
Must be talking about since they went to 4 year terms. Didn't Connally (of the Kennedy assasination time) serve like 2 or 3 terms? But then I think they were 2 year terms.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
Must be talking about since they went to 4 year terms. Didn't Connally (of the Kennedy assasination time) serve like 2 or 3 terms? But then I think they were 2 year terms.
Yep, it had been two year terms during the Connally era and he had three tours

Pete

Repete
The two points in the debate I liked were when Cheney said that he was the President of the Senate, went there every Tuesday, and many other times and that in the last 4 years Senator Edwards missed 70% of the meetings of the Judiciary Committe, and 50% of the meetings of the Intelligence committe and as a matter of fact tonight on this stage is the first time I have ever met the man since he came to the Senate 4 years ago, and that his hometown paper started calling him Senator Missing. Edwards looked like he was going to choke.

The next was when Cheney was talking about taxes and said Edwards created a "Chapter 6 corporation ?? to shelter his trial winnings from medicare part B tax" Edwards really looked paniced. The rest of the stuff looked very scripted

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Pete said:
The two points in the debate I liked were when Cheney said that he was the President of the Senate, went there every Tuesday, and many other times and that in the last 4 years Senator Edwards missed 70% of the meetings of the Judiciary Committe, and 50% of the meetings of the Intelligence committe and as a matter of fact tonight on this stage is the first time I have ever met the man since he came to the Senate 4 years ago, and that his hometown paper started calling him Senator Missing. Edwards looked like he was going to choke.

Of course that wasn't true.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134580,00.html

dustin

UAIOE
Cheney just comes off as the type of guy you could sit in a room with a stack of 20 books and he would sit there and read them all and then would be able to to give you a verbal book report on all 20 one behind the other. Very smart man. Very knowledgable on a broad range of subjects.

SmallTown

Football season!
jlabsher said:
Yea, he should have been more precise and talked about seeing him on the senate floor. The way he said it had more impact, and we all know where he was getting at, but with something so obvious and blatant he didn't need to stretch it like he did. Interesting "fact sheet" there, i'll have to take time to read through it a little later.