Junk on Great Mills Rd

edinsomd

South of the High School, looks like almost a whole block of old furniture, carpet remnents, was that a cigarette machine? All tossed on the sidewalk. Really adds to the charm, what gives?
Ed

PsyOps

Pixelated
South of the High School, looks like almost a whole block of old furniture, carpet remnents, was that a cigarette machine? All tossed on the sidewalk. Really adds to the charm, what gives?
Ed

That's weird... I saw a small white (pretty old and beat up) pickup carrying a bunch of stuff along with a cigarette machine. I thought it was weird since I haven't seene a cig machine in a long time. But this guy was going north on 4.

Could it be an eviction? The cigarette machine doesn't quite make sense, but maybe a business got evicted.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
That's weird... I saw a small white (pretty old and beat up) pickup carrying a bunch of stuff along with a cigarette machine. I thought it was weird since I haven't seene a cig machine in a long time. But this guy was going north on 4.

Not only did I go to a bar in PA that was still a smoking bar but they had a cigarett machine, pull handle type. Retro.

SShewbert

What love is all about
They were putting the stuff out on Friday and the cops were there so I was thinking an eviction and yet it all looks like junk. I dont know why anyone would of had that stuff. I was wondering what it was from, but am wishing they would clean it up.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
They were putting the stuff out on Friday and the cops were there so I was thinking an eviction and yet it all looks like junk. I dont know why anyone would of had that stuff. I was wondering what it was from, but am wishing they would clean it up.

One mans junk is another mans treasure :shrug:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Generally, after an eviction, stuff is left for a specified amount of time before either SHA or County Highways is called in to haul it to the dump. In this case, it would be SHA, since GMR is a State Highway.

RoadKill

Yeah... what a spectacle... Southern Maryland's finest citizens rumaging through some evictee's stuff. Hopefully, what goes around will come around.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
We didn't know what was going on while my family and I drove by because vehicles were stopped on GMR and people were grabbing it and throwing stuff in car trunks, SUV's and into the backs of pickups. Looked like a business was evicted because of all the carpets rolled up, desks, and office furniture.

Looked like a Hurricane Katrina sale...:whistle: