Just a picture

SoccerMom2

I took a picture of the road that i travel going to a friends house.

redo.jpg

FMarquart

I took a picture of the road that i travel going to a friends house.

redo.jpg

After sending you a PM and with your permission granted, here is what I did to enhance (at least to me) what do you think...?

Fixed the white balance (though using PS CS5) filled in the tree area on the top (white area, my eye was going to), toned the electric poles down, bumped up the saturation a few percent, and removed the little black thing on the pavement on the right bottom side. Nice image!

Thanks for letting me play around with the image...!

Frank

Attachments

• redo copy.jpg
    redo copy.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 146

SoccerMom2

After sending you a PM and with your permission granted, here is what I did to enhance (at least to me) what do you think...?

Fixed the white balance (though using PS CS5) filled in the tree area on the top (white area, my eye was going to), toned the electric poles down, bumped up the saturation a few percent, and removed the little black thing on the pavement on the right bottom side. Nice image!

Thanks for letting me play around with the image...!

Frank

I like it, but it seems too orange. After looking at what you did and at mine i can see where i need to fix a few things. It always helps to have a second eye sometimes.

F

forceofnature

I like it, but it seems too orange. After looking at what you did and at mine i can see where i need to fix a few things. It always helps to have a second eye sometimes.

Your monitor may not be set up the same as his either so it may look different. On my little notebook I hate to edit anything because I have no idea how it will look.

JimD_K10D

Pentaxian
Your monitor may not be set up the same as his either so it may look different. On my little notebook I hate to edit anything because I have no idea how it will look.

Spyder3 - Inexpensive monitor calibrator. I was quite surprised at how much my colors changed the first time I used it. But it is true - what you see on your monitor is not necessary what others will see on theirs.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Even on my calibrated monitors, Franks processed photos seems over saturated with red in the lower lefthand corners grass, and the green in the pine trees. The trees on the left side of the photo have gotten darker and and faded into black. The phone poles are done very well and do not stick out like they did before.

F

forceofnature

Mine is not calibrated anymore but shouldnt be too far off. I also noticed the blacks. saturation I think is a matter of taste.