Ken Hobar????

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
aHA!

I did a search for the last name of this dude on SOMD and this old tread came up. I was researching a local eating establishment which is under new ownership for one of our Friday night Meet & Greets. It has been recommended to me by at least two people recently, because they know how we love to visit locally owned restaurants to eat on Friday nights. They had a FB page, so naturally, I was checking out the pictures of their food & menu. :yum:

Lo & behold! I see all these pictures which have cartoons of Sheriff Evans, or are actual pictures of him (and his wife) with very nasty captions added. :jameo: I'm thinking I can't patronize such a place if that is what they're all about! A closer look showed me that they were actually posted by this same guy.

Then, I did a little investigative researching, i.e. stalking of FB pages and then a search here. :whew: This guy Ken Hobar is a whackadoo. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I haven't gotten past the first page of this thread, but why don't the businesses just block him from their FB?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why don't people just remove the posts and block the user? :shrug:

Why do people get all dramatic, demand their account be removed, and :slam: instead of just not logging in to SOMD?

Actually, I'd bet half the people on FB don't realize that you have the ability to do that.

Chris0nllyn

Why don't people just remove the posts and block the user? :shrug:

They do. then he creates another profile and does it again.

I know someone who's had to remove and block "Ken's" posts (pictures) multiple times.

I've got a screen shot if anyone would like to see. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm just glad the guy's a nutter and the restaurant isn't responsible for those pictures! :jameo:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
This guy definitely has a beef with Evans. He keeps sending his 'cartoons' to our Twitter account. I blocked him once and he reincarnated. You can see his rantings here: https://twitter.com/renhobart

Seems to imply that Evans had sex with one Rose Hobar, and in the process violated her civil rights. Since the name Hobar is common to the poster and the alleged victim, one might assume the poster is related...wife? daughter? mother? I thought that earlier cartoons implied she was the poster's (ex)wife?

The only local Rose Hobar a Google search turns up passed away in 2011.

Be interesting to know the back story on this. The fact that Evans has not sued him kinda makes one think that there is an element of truth involved somewhere? This has been going on for quite some time.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Hmmm, if you look at the obit for the local Rose Hobar (which you will have to locate on your own), it references Ken Hobar of Florida as a son (the alleged poster of the cartoons?).

Many of the 'cartoons' also show an old B&W photo of a woman (no photo on the obits to match)

One of the 'cartoons' also makes reference to Evans and a few other unnamed faces pillaging the estate of a Rose Hobar.

If you look at his media page, https://twitter.com/renhobart/media, he's sending his artwork to anyone he can find with a relationship to Calvert County.

I imagine if there's any truth what-so-ever to his rantings that he is protected by his 'work' being a parody.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
and now this brings things into more perspective.

Search on http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us for last name=hobar and you will see the several criminal cases in Calvert Co. for one Kenneth Hobar...related to telephone harassment, violation of a protective order, and domestic violence. DOB 1951 which would be age appropriate for the son of the deceased mention in the 'cartoons.'

Not saying it is the same guy...just putting the pieces together.

johnjrval424

From what I can tell, he is the son of Rose Hobar. I don't know what the relationship was between Mike Evans and Rose Hobar, if any, but this sicko claims that Mike Evans somehow violated her civil rights. Who knows - he clearly has a screw loose. He has a picture of his driver's license from Florida on his profile that shows an address of Crystal River, FL. Apparently, Mike Evans is very aware of this person and his multiple profiles. He has personally seen the cartoons and knows what this Hobar guy is doing. Unfortunately, until Hobar steps foot in Maryland, Mike Evans can't touch him - this is what I've been told by a couple of sources. Hobar is lashing out at not only strangers but also his own family - he recently started posting slogans referencing his family stealing from his mother's/grandmother's estates.

I'm the owner/administrator of the Calvert Resources Facebook page and Twitter account. I have to constantly be vigilant about who "likes" the page and follows us on Twitter because Hobar will create a profile then, when enough people apparently report him to Facebook and Twitter, they block his IP address. He lies in wait for a month or so until the block clears and then starts all over again. I've had to block him from both places more times than I care to count. He will also come up with aliases (Ren Hobart, Ken Hobart, Ren Hobar - you name it). He's just a pain in the ass who apparently has not only psychological issues but too much time on his hands.

rdytogo

From what I can tell, he is the son of Rose Hobar. I don't know what the relationship was between Mike Evans and Rose Hobar, if any, but this sicko claims that Mike Evans somehow violated her civil rights. Who knows - he clearly has a screw loose. He has a picture of his driver's license from Florida on his profile that shows an address of Crystal River, FL. Apparently, Mike Evans is very aware of this person and his multiple profiles. He has personally seen the cartoons and knows what this Hobar guy is doing. Unfortunately, until Hobar steps foot in Maryland, Mike Evans can't touch him - this is what I've been told by a couple of sources. Hobar is lashing out at not only strangers but also his own family - he recently started posting slogans referencing his family stealing from his mother's/grandmother's estates.

I'm the owner/administrator of the Calvert Resources Facebook page and Twitter account. I have to constantly be vigilant about who "likes" the page and follows us on Twitter because Hobar will create a profile then, when enough people apparently report him to Facebook and Twitter, they block his IP address. He lies in wait for a month or so until the block clears and then starts all over again. I've had to block him from both places more times than I care to count. He will also come up with aliases (Ren Hobart, Ken Hobart, Ren Hobar - you name it). He's just a pain in the ass who apparently has not only psychological issues but too much time on his hands.

In your post you said Mike Evans can't touch him unless he comes to Maryland. What is the difference as to his location. Has the guy broken any laws?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
In your post you said Mike Evans can't touch him unless he comes to Maryland. What is the difference as to his location. Has the guy broken any laws?

Violation of state laws on harassment, likely. Which wouldn't necessarily stop Evans.

Vote Kontra for Sheriff.

rdytogo

Violation of state laws on harassment, likely. Which wouldn't necessarily stop Evans.

Vote Kontra for Sheriff.

I guess it's debatable if it is harrassment of a public official by doing parody's of them. I believe the USSC said it is protected speech. In any case, I am not sure what him being in Florida has to do with it. Last time I checked, arrest warrants issued in one of the 50 states are valid in all 50 states and 7 terratories.

johnjrval424

There are outstanding warrants for his arrest. They aren't felonies so it's at the discretion of the Sheriff/taxpayer money as to extradition. I'm not getting into the legalities of whether or not it should be done or if he has broken any laws. All of this information is public on MD Judiciary case search.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
What are his qualifications and experience?

Kontra is a career Deputy who has risen through the ranks. Evans was a career MSP Trooper who rose through the ranks.

Do you live in Calvert? There are issues with the Department which are coming to a head right now. Chief among them is the lack of Community Policing which is a stated goal of the Department. It doesn't happen with both the Sheriff and most Deputies focused on road patrol. Even North Beach and Chesapeake Beach, which pay extra (over a million dollars/year between the two Towns) have a problem with the assigned Deputies doing Community Policing, which is the reason they've been contracted for.

A marker you should use is the number of people who have supported Republicans since the Democrats had a 9-1 edge in the County are supporting Kontra. That's a fact that neither Evans or the Calvert County Republican Central Committee are paying attention to.

It's going to be a close election.

rdytogo

Kontra is a career Deputy who has risen through the ranks. Evans was a career MSP Trooper who rose through the ranks.

Do you live in Calvert? There are issues with the Department which are coming to a head right now. Chief among them is the lack of Community Policing which is a stated goal of the Department. It doesn't happen with both the Sheriff and most Deputies focused on road patrol. Even North Beach and Chesapeake Beach, which pay extra (over a million dollars/year between the two Towns) have a problem with the assigned Deputies doing Community Policing, which is the reason they've been contracted for.

A marker you should use is the number of people who have supported Republicans since the Democrats had a 9-1 edge in the County are supporting Kontra. That's a fact that neither Evans or the Calvert County Republican Central Committee are paying attention to.

It's going to be a close election.

Greg Kontra is a Sergeant in the sheriff's department. Evans was a corporal with MSP when he had to retire due to a disability. Neither exactly "rose" through the ranks. Calvert county had an opportunity to elect a qualified police manager last election with Smith. Calvert county voters, such as yourself don't bother to educate themselves on their elected candidates and instead vote on who the better good ole boy is. Fortunately, I don't live in Calvert county but I do own property there so I have an interest.

You would be happy to have a guy who has not been able to achieve success through merit to be voted to the head of the organization. Good luck to you and the rest of the Calvert Countians because you don't have much of a choice.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Greg Kontra is a Sergeant in the sheriff's department. Evans was a corporal with MSP when he had to retire due to a disability. Neither exactly "rose" through the ranks. Calvert county had an opportunity to elect a qualified police manager last election with Smith. Calvert county voters, such as yourself don't bother to educate themselves on their elected candidates and instead vote on who the better good ole boy is. Fortunately, I don't live in Calvert county but I do own property there so I have an interest.

You would be happy to have a guy who has not been able to achieve success through merit to be voted to the head of the organization. Good luck to you and the rest of the Calvert Countians because you don't have much of a choice.

You have no clue how much I know about any of the candidates for the election, you might be surprised, if you really follow Calvert politics, to find out who I am in real life. You're right, neither is very qualified when it comes right down to it, but those are the choices we have. My gut tells me that Evans' time is over.