Kids!!!!!

Caution

So we just finish dinner and get the dishes squared away. I get my coffee and sit down with the laptop in front of the tube and start flipping channels.

I look up and there is the boy looking through the kitchen cabinets. I say "Boy what in the hell are you doing, you just ate 3 plates of spaghetti? He tells me he is hungry again. :ohwell:

MarieB

So we just finish dinner and get the dishes squared away. I get my coffee and sit down with the laptop in front of the tube and start flipping channels.

I look up and there is the boy looking through the kitchen cabinets. I say "Boy what in the hell are you doing, you just ate 3 plates of spaghetti? He tells me he is hungry again. :ohwell:

Mine do they same

They are bottomless pits

But, i wonder at other times whether it's sometimes boredom. I try to watch out for that

Caution

Mine do they same They are bottomless pits But, i wonder at other times whether it's sometimes boredom. I try to watch out for that
Bored? His definition of that and mine are different. That boy can be sitting on the couch next to his girlfriend, talking to a friend on his cell and trying to play Xbox all at this same time and tell me he is going down to the park to play basketball because he is "bored". LOL

Last edited:

MarieB

Board?

His definition of that and mine are different.

That boy can be sitting on the couch next to his girlfriend, talking to a friend on his cell and trying to play Xbox all at this same time and tell me he is going down the the park to play basketball because he is "bored". LOL

Mine are younger :).

I can't say whether or not it is the case, but I know some kids and even adults will "shop" the pantry / fridge when bored. It's just something I try to be aware of

I keep telling my husband that I better stay in shape in case I ever have to sell my body to feed 2 growing boys (joke of course)

Caution

Mine are younger :). I can't say whether or not it is the case, but I know some kids and even adults will "shop" the pantry / fridge when bored. It's just something I try to be aware of I keep telling my husband that I better stay in shape in case I ever have to sell my body to feed 2 growing boys (joke of course)

He is generally pretty good about not snacking on too much junk. I can buy him a bag of chips and a soda while we are out and generally find the bag of chips somewhere in the kitchen unopened in a few days..

But he has eaten so many packs of oodles of noodles that "I" am sick of them and I have never eaten them before. That and cake. That boy will find cake mix and cook up a cake just to eat a slice.

He does not mind cooking, I'll give him that

ZARA

He is generally pretty good about not snacking on too much junk. I can buy him a bag of chips and a soda while we are out and generally find the bag of chips somewhere in the kitchen unopened in a few days..

But he has eaten so many packs of oodles of noodles that "I" am sick of them and I have never eaten them before. That and cake. That boy will find cake mix and cook up a cake just to eat a slice.

He does not mind cooking, I'll give him that

My son still goes through "Human Garbage disposal" stages where he eats everything that is not bolted down. It happens during his growth stages. My poor grocery bill!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bored? His definition of that and mine are different. That boy can be sitting on the couch next to his girlfriend, talking to a friend on his cell and trying to play Xbox all at this same time and tell me he is going down to the park to play basketball because he is "bored". LOL

Boundless energy of youth. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My son still goes through "Human Garbage disposal" stages where he eats everything that is not bolted down. It happens during his growth stages.

That still happens to me.

Only the direction of my 'growth stages' is in a different direction.

Since the first taste of fall in the air, I've been a pig. It's like my body is planning on hibernating!!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That boy can be sitting on the couch next to his girlfriend <--- [Duh You Are In The Room so no] :smoochy:

talking to a friend on his cell <--- Nothing Interesting to say [cannot talk about the new hottie in Math Class with his GF Sitting there]

and trying to play Xbox all <--- [completed all the current Games]

:whistle:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... but I know some kids and even adults will "shop" the pantry / fridge when bored.

haven't you ever finished dinner and it just wasn't what you were craving and find yourself back in the cupboard looking for something else

:popcorn:

Caution

Boundless energy of youth. :shrug:

Plenty of energy until I go outside and unlock the shed and start pulling out mowers. That is about the only time he will tell me he needs to do his homework. If I cut grass everyday he would be a straight A student.

crazykitty

My son is 6 and he will eat like this if I do not put on the brakes. He says "I'm hungry" every hour on the hour.......Lol Lord help me when he gets in high school