King Tut

PsyOps

Pixelated
This would really offend them:

Language alert

[video=youtube;BerJdS2VJhA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BerJdS2VJhA[/video]

luvmygdaughters

:yay:

I certainly hope not! They need to do a group showing of Blazing Saddles and Song of the South! :lmao:

I ordered Song of the South for my granddaughter when she just a little thing. It was her favorite movie. I had to order it from a company in the UK because it was banned in the good ole USA, which is absolutely ridiculous. It was claimed that it portrayed black people in a negative way. Have they even seen the damn movie???? Uncle Rhemus was the hero!!!! Idiots running the insane asylum!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
WTF does that even mean?
I've seen it a lot lately (not just here) - and given the context I've seen it in, it appears to be some racist ass bull#### - but I don't know for sure.

Someone please enlighten me.

Is Google your friend?

Hijinx

I ordered Song of the South for my granddaughter when she just a little thing. It was her favorite movie. I had to order it from a company in the UK because it was banned in the good ole USA, which is absolutely ridiculous. It was claimed that it portrayed black people in a negative way. Have they even seen the damn movie???? Uncle Rhemus was the hero!!!! Idiots running the insane asylum!!

It wasn't banned because it portrayed black people in a negative way.

It was banned because it didn't portray slave owning whites in a negative way.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had to order it from a company in the UK because it was banned in the good ole USA, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Umm not 'banned' but not politically correct

now you need a signed permission slip from your parents to check out 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' because it has the word ###### in it

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not at work when I'm searching on something that I believe may have potentially racist results.

I don't have a clue what it means either, but here's what I could find:

We Wuz Kangs: "Satirically used to criticize afro-centrist African Americans that claim their ancestors descended from Egyptian Pharaohs."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Umm not 'banned' but not politically correct

now you need a signed permission slip from your parents to check out 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' because it has the word ###### in it

It's locked up in Disney's double secret vault for other films which will never see the light of day.

GregV814

I wonder....IF the Bangles gave a concert at this college, would the student body object and walk out if they did their hit WALK LIKE AN E-GYPTIAN??????

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So is Song of the South... "Zippadee do daaaa zippadee day.. my oh my what a wonderful day..." nevermore...:frown:

I fortunately own a copy of the video and it's still a classic. There was a phonograph album of the music and we discovered we had it among the hundreds of Lawrence Welk, Paul Anka, and other albums in the closet.