Lake Anna - VA

Khurley

We are looking for somewhere close to SOMD for a vacation this summer and I saw Lake Anna in my search. They rent cabins right on the water through the state park and I was wondering if anyone else has done this.

Thanks!

Cowgirl

We are looking for somewhere close to SOMD for a vacation this summer and I saw Lake Anna in my search. They rent cabins right on the water through the state park and I was wondering if anyone else has done this.

Thanks!

I would pick a different lake if you plan on going swimming. Check out Socki's thread in the travel section.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I've rented a cabin at Westmoreland the last few years and have enjoyed it. Great price and even better if you have a VA address to get the in state discount.

tater

I know a place in Mechanicsville :yay:. Scantilly or (non)clad women :drool:, hotub, pool, tiki torches, fru fru drinks, and two pigs :popcorn:

SweetThang

I would seriously re-consider "ruffing it" at Lake Anna-the water is 72 degree's right now (thank you Dominion:sarcasm:) home building and clear cutting is at an all time high-another reactor has been approved.
Worse yet-most of the folks living on or near Lake Anna are from NVA-they profess to "love the country life" but want everything to be like Tyson's Corner, that includes getting rid of all that pesky wildlife-sounds like the movie Over the Hedge!:jameo:

Last edited:

woogie

You'll really enjoy that nice warm green glow at night!
And that nice warm water to swim in!

Oh! DON'T eat the two-headed fish!

Gigi

Gigi
From a person who has seen this campground this summer, We rode through there and the cabins and the sites are beautiful. New, clean and the sites are really level.. Didn't go into a cabin but, looked great from the outside... We will go there this summer with our camper and those sites are really big and level... W/E only... But, have really nice dump stations... I would recommend it...

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

Thanks!

great place when it has water:killingme

Tina2001aniT

From a person who has seen this campground this summer, We rode through there and the cabins and the sites are beautiful. New, clean and the sites are really level.. Didn't go into a cabin but, looked great from the outside... We will go there this summer with our camper and those sites are really big and level... W/E only... But, have really nice dump stations... I would recommend it...

of course they do, they use the entire lake....

Gigi

Gigi
Come on now and be nice.. Everyone who camps knows what that means... No, it is not the lake.... but, hey you are kinda funny.... lol

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
I agree with those who commented on Lake Anna's rapid "development". I grew up going there every summer when i was young. My aunt lives there year round now. It seems to have lost the rustic charm i knew as a kid, but all in all, it's still a nice place.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I would seriously re-consider "ruffing it" at Lake Anna-the water is 72 degree's right now (thank you Dominion:sarcasm:)

You do realize the the lake was constructed by DOMINION POWER in order to provide cooling water to the reactors, NOT for your pleasure.