Land to hunt deer

black dog

Free America
Neat! I think I might look into those as a Christmas gift for him! Thank you!

Wow I didn't realize that. Yes he did have to track it a bit but he said it wasn't that bad.

Your son texted me and said, he would rather have a new Polaris 700 Sportsman 4 wheeler.
A friend and I used to take a few deer to a butcher in Pennsylvania each winter to get processed into hot dogs and beef sticks.

lovinmaryland

Your son texted me and said, he would rather have a new Polaris 700 Sportsman 4 wheeler.
A friend and I used to take a few deer to a butcher in Pennsylvania each winter to get processed into hot dogs and beef sticks.

:lmao: Ha ha text him back and tell him I said no :lmao:

I didn't realize all the different things you could do w/ the deer meat...or how expensive it was :shocking:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
d8ab5a4bd3f2cade90f2f213d96020ef.jpg

Chris0nllyn

Lord no. Do NOT get a Polaris.

My brand new 2016 Sportsman 450 has less than 40 hours on it and won't stay running. I'm pretty sure the woodruff key broke and it jumped time.

Chris0nllyn

OP, hopefully your son is headed out tomorrow! The cold front that's here and a waning moon will have them on the move.

I'm breaking out my fancy new heated insoles. It'll be cold and a little windy :lol:

black dog

Free America
Lord no. Do NOT get a Polaris.

My brand new 2016 Sportsman 450 has less than 40 hours on it and won't stay running. I'm pretty sure the woodruff key broke and it jumped time.

My old neighbors own a 400 Sportsman and two 50cc Polaris's, my best friend owns a 500 Sportsman, I own a 500 HO and a 700 Sportsman and a 50cc Polaris.
Other than a clogged carb jet in my 500 ( from it sitting with ethanol ) and a rotted out exhaust in my friends 500 ( from not hosing it off after riding it in the reeds along the PAX river ) none of us have had really any issues that were Polaris's fault. I wouldn't think twice buying another Polaris.

Chris0nllyn

My old neighbors own a 400 Sportsman and two 50cc Polaris's, my best friend owns a 500 Sportsman, I own a 500 HO and a 700 Sportsman and a 50cc Polaris.
Other than a clogged carb jet in my 500 ( from it sitting with ethanol ) and a rotted out exhaust in my friends 500 ( from not hosing it off after riding it in the reeds along the PAX river ) none of us have had really any issues that were Polaris's fault. I wouldn't think twice buying another Polaris.

I've had nothing but trouble from mine. Not sure what it is but from an annoying rattling at idle that I fixed with a piece of foam, to extreme heat coming from the right side of the engine (to which Polaris sent a recall notice), and the non-running issue it's all too much for a brand new ATV (not to mention the lackluster 6 month warranty).

limblips

PREMO Member
They're not made like they used to be...

True dat! 1985 Honda Fourtrax 250. I had to replace the main fuse once and a set of brake shoes all around. Starts every time. No 4 wheel drive but goes along with the 4X4s. Oh, I forgot, had to replace the seat cover and tires. Love the old girl.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
True dat! 1985 Honda Fourtrax 250. I had to replace the main fuse once and a set of brake shoes all around. Starts every time. No 4 wheel drive but goes along with the 4X4s. Oh, I forgot, had to replace the seat cover and tires. Love the old girl.
Ha..I hear ya. I have same model but it's a 1988. Tough old machine. I keep it on our property down in rural southern Virginia where there is plenty of space to ride it.

General Lee

Yea, Honda and Yamaha are my go to choices.

lovinmaryland

Does anyone have suggestions on how to cook the backstrap of the deer? I think the boys are wanting me to serve that w/ our Christmas Eve dinner.

black dog

Free America
I normally cook a few pounds of them at a time, I make a marinade with soy sauce and brown sugar and coat the tenderloin and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
Before cooking I wrap them in bacon like wearing coat and toss them on medium heat on the grill. Maybe 15 min for rare, let sit for a few and slice a whole bunch of heaven.

lovinmaryland

I normally cook a few pounds of them at a time, I make a marinade with soy sauce and brown sugar and coat the tenderloin and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
Before cooking I wrap them in bacon like wearing coat and toss them on medium heat on the grill. Maybe 15 min for rare, let sit for a few and slice a whole bunch of heaven.

Yum sounds good! do you rotate it at all? My guys like it rare too!