landscaping

wubbles

Also looking for a small job (bush trimming, weed clean-out) in-case an independent person sees this topic. Located in California.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I am very happy with my lawn guy. He also does leaf management for me.
Actually, the leaves are the easy part. I have decent leaf blower, but my yard is covered with a mixture of small limbs, gum balls, pine needles, and pines cones. Just about anything that can fall out of a tree, did. It's going to require a new rake to clean that up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Actually, the leaves are the easy part. I have decent leaf blower, but my yard is covered with a mixture of small limbs, gum balls, pine needles, and pines cones. Just about anything that can fall out of a tree, did. It's going to require a new rake to clean that up.
Same. 2 acres. Ugh!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Riding mower, start in the middle and blow outward toward the edges of your property/tree line. Repeat as necessary.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Riding mower, start in the middle and blow outward toward the edges of your property/tree line. Repeat as necessary.
Unless you have neighbors. We are cognitive of not doing that to each other. Actually, my lawn guy dumps it back at the edge of my woods in back and my neighbor asked to use some for their garden. Yes! Win, win!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I may try that, but I've only got about 1000sqft of lawn. It takes longer to reposition the mower than it does to rake. Our 1/2 acre is only about 1/2 cleared land and most of its parking.
:roflmao:

sparkyaclown

Not sure where you are located but I use Stauffer Landscaping here in St. Marys. They do pretty good work and their prices are below what others charge. 301-328-8233

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Funny that you mentioned this. My riding mower isn't one I would use for this job because getting the blades off to sharpen them isn't getting any easier with age.

That being said, my nephew blessed me with an older John Deere 175 that has a bagging system. His better half wanted something a little newer and more dependable. I tried it this evening and it sucks up pine cones and branches like nobody's business!