Lasik Plus?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
They'll give you a full eye exam and measure your corneas when you go for the initial consultation. Then they'll tell you which surgery is best for you, and go over the financials.

Back in December of 2005, I paid about $1300 per eye at Lasik Plus, with lifetime enhancements included at no additional charge. I think that was $300 additional per eye at the time. My package also included financing at 18 months 0%. Not sure if it was a year-end special or their normal program. I did use a coupon that they sent me. One of my buddies also got a $50 referral check for referring me as a patient.

I'm curious what their rates are today. Please share when you return from your visit.

Believe me when I say, in December after you graduate and have the surgery, you'll wish you hadn't waited! I was 20/400 before surgery, and 20/15 four months later. I think it was a great investment in my quality of life.

Last edited:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
They'll give you a full eye exam and measure your corneas when you go for the initial consultation. Then they'll tell you which surgery is best for you, and go over the financials.

Back in December of 2005, I paid about $1300 per eye at Lasik Plus, with lifetime enhancements included at no additiona charge. I think that was $300 additional per eye at the time. My package also included financing at 18 months 0%. Not sure if it was a year-end special or their normal program. I did have a coupon that they sent me.

I'm curious what their rates are today. Please share when you return from your visit.

Believe me when I say, in December after you graduate and have the surgery, you'll wish you hadn't waited! I was 20/400 before surgery, and 20/15 four months later. I think it was a great investment in my quality of life.

Will do :yay: I hope that I qualify for it!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Barbra said she smelled her eyeball burning when she had her Lasik done. :twitch:

But my Dad had his done a few years ago and says it was the best thing ever. The burning eyeball thing didn't bother him, apparently.

Good luck!

jbooty

Barbra said she smelled her eyeball burning when she had her Lasik done. :twitch:

But my Dad had his done a few years ago and says it was the best thing ever. The burning eyeball thing didn't bother him, apparently.

Good luck!

I smelt that also when i had mine done.. :barf: It reminded me of the smell of burning hair..

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Tiger Woods had his Lasik done here locally.. I think if it's good enough for him, I'd find the same place.

i had it done by the same doctor... i see 20/15 now.. .had -6 in both eyes before.... it cost me 4k with lifetime touchups free :)

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom

Back in December of 2005, I paid about $1300 per eye at Lasik Plus, with lifetime enhancements included at no additional charge. I think that was $300 additional per eye at the time. My package also included financing at 18 months 0%. Not sure if it was a year-end special or their normal program. I did use a coupon that they sent me. One of my buddies also got a $50 referral check for referring me as a patient.

:yeahthat:

I had mine done about the same time as Oz and still have great vision at 20/15. Dr. Goel was awesome...and I don't regret it for a second.

tazzman

I had mine done Feb 2007 at the TLC center by Annapolis Mall, Dr Ragland. Wish I had done this years ago! My insurance help pay some of the cost and I was able to finance the rest. I highly recommend it to anyone that can do it. Good investment!

Dukesdad

I had mine done Feb 2007 at the TLC center by Annapolis Mall, Dr Ragland. Wish I had done this years ago! My insurance help pay some of the cost and I was able to finance the rest. I highly recommend it to anyone that can do it. Good investment!

Mine was at TLC also and I love it. Makes going to the beach a whole lot beter. :yahoo:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
So, uh, was hoping to give you all an update as the whether I could get the eye surgery or not, but about 1 mile from the Columbia Mall I got rear-ended at a red light by an Acura MDX going about 35/40MPH (he didn't even hit the brakes). My poor little Hyundai wagon doesn't look like it's going to survive, lol. The hatch is completely smashed in, the glass blew out, the bumper is hanging off, and when I try to close one of the back doors it makes a weird, unhealthy noise.

My glasses ended up in the back seat. If I had Lasik done already I guess I 1) wouldn't have been there and 2) wouldn't have had to search my car with 20/400 vision trying to find them! :lmao:

On the plus side of today, I am very much looking forward to the season premiere of House.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
So, uh, was hoping to give you all an update as the whether I could get the eye surgery or not, but about 1 mile from the Columbia Mall I got rear-ended at a red light by an Acura MDX going about 35/40MPH (he didn't even hit the brakes). My poor little Hyundai wagon doesn't look like it's going to survive, lol. The hatch is completely smashed in, the glass blew out, the bumper is hanging off, and when I try to close one of the back doors it makes a weird, unhealthy noise.

My glasses ended up in the back seat. If I had Lasik done already I guess I 1) wouldn't have been there and 2) wouldn't have had to search my car with 20/400 vision trying to find them! :lmao:

On the plus side of today, I am very much looking forward to the season premiere of House.

Ouchie... Hope you're OK...

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
Ouchie... Hope you're OK...

I'm good, thanks :smile: My neck hurts, but I ended up getting a bunch of medicine for it and I don't have any other problems. I'm going to try to reschedule my appointment for next week and hopefully all will go well.

punjabigyrl

Why don't you go see an optometrist and they'll be able to tell if you are a good candidate and then recommend you to an opthalmologist.

BottleBlonde

That's awesome! I'm pretty excited about doing this, but I'm going to wait until I graduate in December. If my eyes somehow did get screwed up and I couldn't read, it would interfere greatly with my school work. My interest in Lasik actually stems from my desire to pursue a career in law enforcement. You really can't be chasing a suspect in the middle of the night and then try to stop and find your glasses when they fall of your face. If you don't mind me asking...was your surgery more or less than 5k? I have a mild astigmatism so I'm expecting a little more than average...

A friend & I both had my Lasik done in September of 2007 at LasikPlus. We did the initial consultation at the Annapolis Office, then went to Towson for the actual surgery b/c he was doing the newer technology which was not offered in Towson (not sure of the name, but its where they use air pockets to create the flap instead of the little knife)... My eyes were perfectly fine after the surgery (just the usual dryness) while his had a blood spot/bruise in each eye which took approximately a month to go away.

As for the price...Mine was less then $2500 for the basic surgery (they were having a special), and his was close to $5k I believe--he did has an astigmatism like you mention you have...

Ps on a side note, I went to the eye doctor b/c I had been getting headaches alot lately, come to find out I now have a slight astigmatism and now have glasses for when I use the computer or if i'm doing alot of reading or paperwork at work...