Late Mother's Day Gift

HillBillyChick

Late last night as I sat reading at the dining room table, my son (21) came and sat down with me. He had just taken his girlfriend home and was having a snack before going to bed. We sat there in silence for a moment and then I felt him looking at me. I looked up and he was just smiling at me. When I asked him "Wassup?!" (We joke around all the time, he has a GREAT sense of humor.) He said, "Thank you." I asked what for, thinking he was gonna thank me for that kick-azz german chocolate cake. His slice was about 1/4 of the cake. And then he said, "For raising me right. To be repectful... For making me use good manners, and for making me be a nice kid." (Evidently something happened this weekend that made him start thinking....? One of his school friends got hisself into deep trouble the other day.) Then he got up, kissed me on the top of my head and went to bed. I sat there for a minute thinking of the past, being a single mom with a hell-raising boy and all the stuff we had been through together. Then I got all teary-eyed, grinning at the same time. What a great kid, he gave me a bumpy, scary-as-he!! ride but I would not trade a thing.

HillBillyChick said:
Late last night as I sat reading at the dining room table, my son (21) came and sat down with me. He had just taken his girlfriend home and was having a snack before going to bed. We sat there in silence for a moment and then I felt him looking at me. I looked up and he was just smiling at me. When I asked him "Wassup?!" (We joke around all the time, he has a GREAT sense of humor.) He said, "Thank you." I asked what for, thinking he was gonna thank me for that kick-azz german chocolate cake. His slice was about 1/4 of the cake. And then he said, "For raising me right. To be repectful... For making me use good manners, and for making me be a nice kid." (Evidently something happened this weekend that made him start thinking....? One of his school friends got hisself into deep trouble the other day.) Then he got up, kissed me on the top of my head and went to bed. I sat there for a minute thinking of the past, being a single mom with a hell-raising boy and all the stuff we had been through together. Then I got all teary-eyed, grinning at the same time. What a great kid, he gave me a bumpy, scary-as-he!! ride but I would not trade a thing.

Awsome! You done good, Mom...:clap:

HillBillyChick

Thanks, but it wasn't just me - my family is wonderful. Lots of love, lots of good old fashioned butt-whippin', and a sense of humor got us both through it. I could not ask for a better kid. But, cripes, did he do some stuff........ I even had one of his teachers tell me that if he came to school with bruises or marks that she would NOT turn me in!! :shocking:

mommarock

HillBillyChick said:

:huggy: THAT makes it all worth it!!! Congrats to you mom!

jenbengen

Watch it
:thewave: Hooray! That is definitely the best Mother's Day gift you could have received. It is so amazing to realize your kids really do appreciate you and absorb some of the things you are teaching them. Sometimes I stare at my kids and wonder if they hear a word I say. :lmao:

You're a good momma!