Laundry: Clothes or detergent first?

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
I throw the dirty clothes in the garbage can and wear new clothes...:sarcasm:

water, detergent, clothes...just the way I have always done it, no rhyme, no reason

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I did laundry once after we moved down here. She then banned me from doing it. Nothing came out pink. Don't know anymore why she banned me.
I don't know why either, but I'm sure you did something stupid.

Tell me something, why is it that when guys are kids/teenagers they learn to hang up their coats, put their shoes in the closet and their clothes in the drawers for fear that mom will :smack:But won't do it after they are married? Even after a good :smack:

Then they go off to college or out on their own and they learn that they have to do their own laundry and dishes and out of self-preservation, learn to do a decent job.

Then they get married and that whole part of their brain shuts down. They ask dumb questions like "which goes first detergent or clothes?" They stare blankly at the appliances like they are suddenly going to start up by themselves, load their own dishes, cook the food spontaneously...

When my brother was engaged...a few weeks shy of marriage...he was still living at home. He was hungry. I was the only other person there. I hear my name being yelled from the kitchen. I go to investigate whatever calamity is unfolding only to see my brother staring at a frozen dinner with a perplexed look on his face.

"How do I cook this?"

"Um... in the microwave"

"I mean how?"

"What does the box say?"

:confused:

I took the box, flipped it over, pointed to the directions. "What does it say?"

He reads the directions aloud... :confused:

"Open the microwave..(he does) put it in (he does) It says to cook for 3 minutes, so push 3-0-0 (he does) now push start." Seriously...true story.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I put half the cup of detergent in the water first, then add clothes, then fill the cup with water and dump, and rinse the cup a few extra times with more water. That way, there's some soap mixing with the water before the clothes go in, and some on top just in case ... in case of what? I don't know ... but it's there just in case. :jameo:

oldman

Lobster Land
Come on people. If you take a shower you have to get wet first before any soaping but IF you could apply the soap first you would. Doing wash ain't no different. I say as long as the clothes come out clean what does it matter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Open the microwave..(he does) put it in (he does) It says to cook for 3 minutes, so push 3-0-0 (he does) now push start." Seriously...true story.

:lmao:

I am proud to say that my son is the cook in his household. Which is good, because he's a slob and DIL has to put up with his crap laying all over the place.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Come on people. If you take a shower you have to get wet first before any soaping but IF you could apply the soap first you would. Doing wash ain't no different. I say as long as the clothes come out clean what does it matter.

Guess it's kinda like brushing your teeth ... I bet most folks wet the toothbrush before putting toothpaste on it. :tap:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
They ask dumb questions like "which goes first detergent or clothes?"
In Dustin's defense, he is by no means helpless and this detergent before/after conversation is a running joke between us. I say add it to the water before, he says dump it on top. I don't care what he does as long as he isn't dumping detergent directly on my clothes (which he doesn't wash anyways). :lol: On this particular day I saw him walk by with a load of whites, and told him not to start yet because I had some that needed to be washed. I walked in the laundry room and noticed that the clothes were in the washer but the water wasn't on, which meant there was no detergent in the bottom. I gave him a sweet little smile, said "You know you're supposed to put the detergent in first right?" laughed, and proceeded to turn on the water and dump the detergent on top of the clothes. :lol:

belvak

Happy Camper
Do you leave change in your pockets too?

:lmao: True Story... This summer, the dryer started making an awful noise. I figured the belt was about to go, so had Hubby move it onto the carport so we could look at it good. When he and Daughter's boyfriend went to pick it up change started to fall out all over the floor. We ended up with about $30 in change. :lmao: The problem with the noise was a screw he had left in a pocket of his jeans (he gets home first and normally throws his work clothes in). As for the detergent, it goes in with the water before the clothes do. It's just the way I have always done it.

SpriteZero

Yup..add Tide with the water, lets it mix and then toss in cloths.
Once I did end up with some pink cloths when a certain child forgot to fully sort her new red tee shirt from the rest of her whites...
Glad she likes pink!!!:lmao: