lawn seeding

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What is the deal with sheep anyway? On my way to my farm in North Carolina, there is a sheep farm. Some of the sheep have been marked with blue dye on their hind end; some with pink. Anybody know why?:shrug:

Thats so the farmer can tell the boy sheep from the girl sheep from behind.

He doesn't want any of the locals to think he's gay!

Cowgirl

What is the deal with sheep anyway? On my way to my farm in North Carolina, there is a sheep farm. Some of the sheep have been marked with blue dye on their hind end; some with pink. Anybody know why?:shrug:

:lol: Well, besides Bob's explanation, the rams wear a harness with a wax "crayon" attached under the chest. When he breeds (and mounts) a ewe, he'll leave a mark on her rump. Then it's easy to tell when a ewe was bred so you can predict lambing dates. Also, sometimes different rams wear a different color so you can tell sire, or you can change the crayon to a different color per heat cycle so you can tell at a glance your early lambers.

rickl5296

:lol: Well, besides Bob's explanation, the rams wear a harness with a wax "crayon" attached under the chest. When he breeds (and mounts) a ewe, he'll leave a mark on her rump. Then it's easy to tell when a ewe was bred so you can predict lambing dates. Also, sometimes different rams wear a different color so you can tell sire, or you can change the crayon to a different color per heat cycle so you can tell at a glance your early lambers.

That is really interesting. Thanks for the info. It's amazing what you learn on this web site. :patriot:

C

czygvtwkr

Good info on sheep *&^%ing. Anyway today I saw I have 2 inch grass from what I planted two weeks ago :yahoo: