Left Behind Series

camily

Peace
Camily, the problem is that LaHaye has misinterpreted the verses JUST like many other people have. His entire problem is that he fails (miserably) to understand that almost ALL of Revelation cannot be interpreted literally.
On the sufrace, it's really easy to misinterpret it, and many do.
His idea of a pre-tribulational rapture is not biblical.
His idea that Jesus was speaking only of the end of the world in Matthew 23 & part of 24 is wrong.
He also said that Jesus meant the last generation of the world when He spoke to the disciples about the "end of the age" when, in actuality, he was speaking about the destruction of Jerusalem which would come in 70AD.
LaHaye says that "the antichrist has the power to lay down lis life and take it up again". If this is so, then he has power over life & death and we know that he doesn't. If he did, he could masquerade as the resurrected Christ Himself.
LaHaye means well but he is far from a qualified biblical end times teacher and, because of that, he's misled a lot of you. He said that the number of the beast (666) is a 21st century person. Not even close!
I could go on for hours...

I disagree and I see in the bible exactly where these things (seals, trumpets and bowls) are stated. Actually, I'm surprised you don't.

meangirl

Nice lady!
Nice. Could you list them in order? I've read the first one, but would like to buy the others in the correct order, including the Countdown to the Rapture series.

Don't buy them. I have the whole set and will send them to you free of charge. I thought I would hate them honestly, but I ended up really enjoying the whole series. :yay:

meangirl

Nice lady!
I disagree and I see in the bible exactly where these things (seals, trumpets and bowls) are stated. Actually, I'm surprised you don't.

I agree.

I also agree with Toxic that the series goes waaayyy downhill after a while. The last one?? ugh, I soo looked forward to that and was very disappointed.
Still worth reading though. IMO

meangirl

Nice lady!
That is so wonderful!

I hate having books and just keeping them. I NEVER read things again so... I just stack 'em up. You know?! I do love to pass them on though, yet I have NO close friends, etc that like to read. Weird. :lol:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
It doesn't surprise me that you don't see these things. Most people I talk to about them don't and think LaHaye's a good teacher but I'm not speaking about the seals, trumpets & bowls. He destroys the meaning of what Jesus said in the Gospels and seriously misreads what He says in Revelation.
You should read Hank Hanegraffe's book: "The Apocalypse Code". He spells out the numerous mistakes LaHaye makes in his "Left Behind" books.
Camily, this is the prophesied end times danger. People following all sorts of false teachings. People without solid biblical knowledge reading these types of writings and putting their faith in what is said. Without discernment, sure it sounds good but it isn't. I'm not saying that LaHaye isn't a believer, I'm just saying he's downright wrong in a lot of his writings and, sadly, many folks aren't properly grounded in the Word to notice that he is wrong. Look at the website I posted here earlier. Do a search of Tim LaHaye or "Left Behind" and you'll get a lot of good information. If not, it's your choice.