Let me be a proud mom for a moment

SoMDGirl42

My son found out last night that he has been accepted into the police academy in Jacksonville, FL. :yahoo: I'm so proud of him. He will officially start the academy on his 22 birthday! :buddies: The academy is a year long, so I have a year to celebrate before I start worrying about him actually being a police officer :bitingnails:

Go 'em son! :thewave:

SoMDGirl42

:clap: We want stories!

:yay:

I already have a few just from the PT, obstacle course, polygraph and oral exam. :killingme

He was so determined to do well at the PT, that he pushed himself so hard, he puked three times and kept going. They had 14 minutes to do the run, he did it in a little more than 6 minutes! That was after doing 60 sit ups, (30 required), 75 push ups (don't remember how many required, but something like 25) etc. The obstacle course he did in under 2 minutes, and they had like 10 minutes to do it. He's very fit with hardly any body fat. He's 6'3" and only weights 170.

The instructors all laughed at him and said they get a puker in every class. :killingme His had three :roflmao: I don't think the other two made it, he said they were way out of shape. So I'm sure his reputation as the class puker will follow him.

lovinmaryland

My son found out last night that he has been accepted into the police academy in Jacksonville, FL. :yahoo: I'm so proud of him. He will officially start the academy on his 22 birthday! :buddies: The academy is a year long, so I have a year to celebrate before I start worrying about him actually being a police officer :bitingnails:

:thewave: That is fantastic!!!! :yahoo:

Congrats to him!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Congtratulations! I used to live down that way in the neighboring Clay County.
My mom and sister still live down there.

Keep us up to date on his progress and good luck to him!!

GopherM

Darwin was right
Congtratulations! I used to live down that way in the neighboring Clay County.
My mom and sister still live down there.

Keep us up to date on his progress and good luck to him!!

Congrats to him. My niece just graduated from there last year and has been serving with the Jacksonville Sherrif's department for almost one year. If he stays there after he graduates I am sure they will bum into each other.

SoMDGirl42

He's completed the first two months already. Time seems to be flying by! Last week they got to experience getting pepper sprayed. He said that was the most pain he had ever experienced in his life and he never wants to have to go through that again! He's glad that's over and he passed with flying colors. He's not really looking forward to getting tazed :roflmao:

He's managed to pack on 6 pounds of muscle in the last 2 months. I was wrong, he is 6'2 1/2" and weighed in the first day at 154. He's now a whooping 160! :killingme

SoMDGirl42

Hard to believe he's half way through class already. :yahoo:

He will be receiving the sharp shooter award if/when he graduates in Feb. Don't want to count the chicks before they hatch, but if the next half goes as well as the first, he'll graduate on 10 Feb. So far he's averaging in the top 5 of his class! :yahoo::yahoo:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

He will be receiving the sharp shooter award if/when he graduates in Feb. Don't want to count the chicks before they hatch, but if the next half goes as well as the first, he'll graduate on 10 Feb. So far he's averaging in the top 5 of his class! :yahoo::yahoo:

Proud Momma Moment. :yay:

:huggy:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

Congrats! :buddies: