Let's Talk Vacuums

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
If you end up getting two..my shark vac then steam is AMAZING. I thought the vacuum part would be wimpy cuz the unit is pretty small, but it is perfect for my wood floors..gets up all of the dust and such very easily, and then you pop on the attachment and steam..which I LOVE for my wood floors ( I have the shiny finish ones, BIG pita to keep looking nice) and my vinyl alike.

getting a good vacuum for carpet is easy enough..though not in the budget range my parents dyson animal is great for the carpet..my run of the mill bissel does well for my limited carpet. (it does have a hose and "turbo" brush which is great for doing the couches and stuff.

Cowgirl

If you end up getting two..my shark vac then steam is AMAZING. I thought the vacuum part would be wimpy cuz the unit is pretty small, but it is perfect for my wood floors..gets up all of the dust and such very easily, and then you pop on the attachment and steam..which I LOVE for my wood floors ( I have the shiny finish ones, BIG pita to keep looking nice) and my vinyl alike.

That got really great reviews. Do you remember what you paid for it? I just read the reviews at Walmart and someone said it's listed online for $150 but she got it in the store for $99. If it's only $99 in the store we could swing that for hard floors and just get a $60ish upright for carpets.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That got really great reviews. Do you remember what you paid for it? I just read the reviews at Walmart and someone said it's listed online for $150 but she got it in the store for $99. If it's only $99 in the store we could swing that for hard floors and just get a $60ish upright for carpets.

I wanna say 130-ish? but that was awhile ago, and I notice they have dropped. You could probably swing one for cheaper now..maybe on amazon...or if you can get a military discount and the 10% coupon at lowes..lol

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I just bought this. Works fine on carpet & hardwood. The pet thing works great!! Walmart.com: Eureka Pet Pal Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum with Hair Raiser for Pets Brush, Blue, 3271BLU: Appliances

Cowgirl

We actually have a fairly new Eureka upright, but the belt broke and the bearing or something must have gone bad. We figured it was easier to buy a new vacuum. :lol:

And Mike, do you use the whole big clunky thing on your hard floors or use the hose attachment?

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Used Kirby

You might be able to find a Kirby used. They are very heavy...but they will out suck just about anything (including a Dyson). New they are between 1500 and 1800 dollars. Check out some yard sales. You might luck out.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I can't get the link to load, but I got my shark mop from BJ's and a quick internet search shows there are several online stores that carry the "steam pocket mop", including Amazon for $82.54. Perhaps it's just that particular model number that's only available on the infomercial. :shrug: