Life In Southern Maryland

taylor1277

I went driving around the other day and came across Smallwood State Park, is this part of what you are talking about? It looked like a very nice place to fish, hey do you think I can stand on the dock with a sign, will pay for a ride in a boat. lol

taylor1277

Well, I have had people tell me with all the rivers and I don't know what you mean by ALL the lakes. I am from Pa. and we have more lakes than Maryland. And it is a landlocked state.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well, I have had people tell me with all the rivers and I don't know what you mean by ALL the lakes. I am from Pa. and we have more lakes than Maryland. And it is a landlocked state.

You need to click on "Reply with quote" when answering specific replies so we know who you are answering.

Anne Arundel, Prince George's, Calvert, Charles & St. Mary's Counties

Potomac River, tributaries, Piscataway and Mattawoman Creeks - (A Chesapeake Bay Sportfishing License is required to fish in the Potomac and it's tributaries up to their freshwater dividing lines.) Mattawoman Creek lies in the W part of Charles Co., above the bridge on MD Rt. 225 (Freshwater Fishing License is required); Piscataway Creek runs through SE Prince George's Co. near Clinton, above Livingston Rd, (Freshwater Fishing License is required); Largemouth Bass, Striped Bass, Chain Pickerel, crappie, Channel Catfish, Yellow and White Perch, Bluegill Sunfish and carp are found in tributaries and in the Potomac River.

Wheatley Lake - In Charles Co. in Gilbert Run Park, E of LaPlata off LaPlata-New Market Rd., (Rt. 6); Largemouth Bass, crappie, Channel Catfish, Bluegill and Redear Sunfish; (Trophy Bass Lake - special regulations apply); 75 acres. For info - 301-934-9305.

St. Mary's Lake - 250 acres in St. Mary's River Park, Rt. 5 W of Lexington Park and Callaway; Largemouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, crappie, Bluegill and redear Sunfish. (Trophy Bass Lake - special regulations apply); State Park. For info - 301-872-5688.

Lake Artemesia - 38 acres - take Exit 23 (Greenbelt Rd. S) from Capital Beltway, turn Right at Branchville Rd, becomes Ballew Ave, follow to stop sign at Berwyn Rd, across road is parking lot; bass, Bluegill. For info - 301-927-2163.