Lift kit techs in SoMD

sparkyaclown

I recently bought a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) that the previous owner put a 2.5" lift kit on. The vehicle seems really floaty driving at speed and has alot of roll when turning. After doing some research it sounds like something isn't setup correctly. I am fairly certain they installed it themselves and neither of them seemed to be all that versed in working on vehicles. The suspension is an area where I really don't have much experience and given that the wrong adjustment could make it worse, I would rather not experiment. Is there any businesses in the area that specialize in doing lift kits and setting them up?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Seems to me one of our older members here (DesertRat) had a lift kit installed in his Chevy Silverado in Leonardtown across the street from ACE Hardware.

D&G Kustom?

sparkyaclown

Seems to me one of our older members here (DesertRat) had a lift kit installed in his Chevy Silverado in Leonardtown across the street from ACE Hardware.

D&G Kustom?
Thanks, I will check them out. I forgot about them, I believe I have seen lift kits advertised there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I need to look into this for my 2020 so I can put 35"s under it.
Do it! Then you will not only blind oncoming traffic, if they serve into your lane, you should be able to roll right over them.

sparkyaclown

Might be someone removed the sway bars?
The sway bars are there and everything seems tight, although one bolt on the bushing bracket for the front is sheared off. It was hidden under a cover so I didn't notice that at first but I don't believe that is the issue. I am going to drill that out and replace it still just in case but the bracket doesn't budge and there is no indication of it flexing at all. The track bar is adjustable so wondering if that is off. Also they gave me a second set of front springs which I asked about and they said they came with the kit but they were the same as what they already had on there so they didn't change them which seems weird to me. Both sets appear to be brand new and they look like they are the same gauge of steel and number of coils but I don't know anything about springs so I can't say for sure whether there is a difference. The ride height from front to back is also level.

I contacted D&G and while they said they could take a look but the guy said there is no adjustment in them which looking at what is there I know is definitely wrong because there appears to be a ton of adjustments so I wasn't convinced that they would be of much help. I'll hit up Trick Trucks and TWP to see what they say.

Last edited: