Linda's Cafe

NOTSMC

Stopped by yesterday to see how they were doing and ran into Linda. She said they would be reopening on Sunday. I don't want to put that out w/o actually seeing that in writing so for those interested; this post is from their Facebook page:

"THE TIME HAS COME! Pay close attention, 1 have 10 slots open tomorrow EVENING for our soft opening. the times are 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 & 6:30. Must reply to this post, must take one of these times and they will be offered in the order you respond. Your table will be limited to 3 people including children and this is to help us break in the new kitchen before we open to the public! GO!!!!!!"

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Went there Sunday. Waited 45 minutes for a double stack and they were cold when I got them. No syrup and no creamer for the coffee. I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come because I really enjoyed going to the old location.

NOTSMC

Went there Sunday. Waited 45 minutes for a double stack and they were cold when I got them. No syrup and no creamer for the coffee. I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come because I really enjoyed going to the old location.
Sorry to hear that. We're not going until the dust settles a little, hope it works out for the better by then.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
How was the parking?

DogWhisperer

I know this isn't about Linda's but I've noticed that "Local" on 235, formerly Stirred, and formerly Kabob I believe has had some pretty good crowds there lately. We've been thinking about giving it a shot. Are the owners the same owners that owned the previous iterations or is it a new owner running Local?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know this isn't about Linda's but I've noticed that "Local" on 235, formerly Stirred, and formerly Kabob I believe has had some pretty good crowds there lately. We've been thinking about giving it a shot. Are the owners the same owners that owned the previous iterations or is it a new owner running Local?
I believe it is new owners. I have had lunch there and it was delicious. It's getting really good reviews.

Bobwhite

I've been there. Food is very good. Parking is a nightmare. The owner also has a restaurant in the seventh district.

sunshine98

The Local is yummy. Heard it is same owners as Hidden Harbor.
Parking at Linda's was nuts over the weekend. Used to be able to overflow into Golden Corral, but no longer with the 7-ll.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been there. Food is very good. Parking is a nightmare. The owner also has a restaurant in the seventh district.

Sons been frequenting 7-11 with his workout buddy,enough to be regulars, the manager tonight asked them what they drove as it seems 7-11 had 12 spots taken by Lindas customers and they are getting ready to tow. 7-11 paid a pretty huge amount of money for all that parking lot and roadway.

NOTSMC

Lee and I went there this morning at 10, found a spot right out front, got coffee and cream right away. The waiter said it would be maybe a half hour wait for food; the cook was a little backed up. We placed our order and had our food about 15 minutes later. Coffee was hot and kept coming, the food was hot, and the waiter was attentive. Really happy to see the same staff carried over from the old Lindas. I talked to our waiter for a few minutes who had helped with the transition without pay so we left a twenty dollar tip for a thirty dollar meal. It was the same good service as it had been at the old LInda's. Very happy that they're back and seem to be working out the kinks.

NOTSMC

Cramped! I never realized how tight the parking was when it was Days Off Deli.
Yeah it's pretty bad. We were lucky and got an easy (legal) spot right out front but we were in the window and watched a number of people struggling not to hit the car next to them when they opened their door