Liquid salt on road already! OMG

TPD

the poor dad
This thread didn't go as I thought. The contractors are getting $100+/hour to put this stuff down. They will probably be called out today by noon to sit and wait to put more down or to plow, getting another $100+/hour for the next 24 hours. All of this for a holiday weekend when traffic will be light anyway. Wish I was premo so I could delete this thread... Guess we are accustomed to government waste...

awpitt

Main Streeter
This thread didn't go as I thought. The contractors are getting $100+/hour to put this stuff down. They will probably be called out today by noon to sit and wait to put more down or to plow, getting another $100+/hour for the next 24 hours. All of this for a holiday weekend when traffic will be light anyway. Wish I was premo so I could delete this thread... Guess we are accustomed to government waste...
There won't be enough to plow so we don't have to worry about that. It does seem to be a waste of the chemicals they put down.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I was behind a salt truck in Mechanicsville yesterday around 2 PM.

Is it possible they have a budget to use. If they don't use it, they lose it; therefore, they're wasting it?

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I was behind a salt truck in Mechanicsville yesterday around 2 PM.

Is it possible they have a budget to use. If they don't use it, they lose it; therefore, they're wasting it?

As if we really need more chemicals to wash off the roads and into the bay...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
People would be even more pissed if they didn't treat and everything iced over and people wrecked left and right. They aren't God, they don't know for sure what the weathers gonna do all they can do is try to be proactive..and frankly keeping the road safe is pretty much one of the few things they really SHOULD be using tax money for. :coffee: